How Crazy Are You?

"Hup! Two, three, four. Hup! Two, three, four. Hup! Two, three, four," Gary chanted, bouncing from one foot to the next, leading a pack of his Pokemon, Tyrogue by his side.

Charizard, Ivysaur, Raichu and Absol did their best to march along with the two.

Porygon-Z was in the air, bobbing from side to side to the beat.

June was huffing to keep up with Gary, marching ahead of his Pokemon.

On occasion, Gary and Tyrogue would throw out punches, grunting.

"Gary, is this truly necessary?" June complained.

"Tyrogue needs to work out a lot more than the other Pokemon I own!" Gary explained. "We've been over this already! You can stay behind. Go home, even! I need to take care of my guys. This will be great for all the Pokemon and be healthy for me."

"Don't be rude, Gary!" June snapped. "I've trained harder than this with Lt. Surge."

"Then what's with your crying?"

"It's been a while, okay??"

Most of Gary's Pokemon looked wiped out, struggling along.

Even the floating Porygon-Z seemed to be exhausted.

"We're almost there, everyone!" Gary inhaled sharply, motivated through his mind to not show just how dead tired he himself was. He felt he had to lead his team by example.

Tyrogue was the most energetic, ahead of Gary by a couple of feet at times, but also not bursting with the same energy as when he started earlier.

"Couldn't we just have a battle to keep the energy going?" June tried. "And you can just do some push-ups?"

"Yeah, a battle will be great, at the Gym!"

June huffed angrily.

"Hup! Two, three, four." There were shouts up ahead that stopped Gary's chanting, but not his marching. His eyes focused on the shapes up ahead that everyone had been staring at for a long while.

What everyone presumed to be the buildings of Jaman Village. The sign they had gone past a while back let them know it wasn't much further, but the journey seemed to extend, likely due to Gary's new workout plan.

"Hey, I think I see people!" Gary kept up his pace, more grateful than ever that he could actually see the people there. We can stop running soon enough, Gary kept to himself.

"Looks like they're up to something," June managed to let out tiredly.

"Yeah, why are they running about like that?"

It wasn't much later that the group finally came to a stop, though in disbelief at what they now saw clearly.

Jaman Village was filled with humans and Pokemon alike. Everyone wore similar outfits, varying very slightly where they did. Overall, the people and Pokemon all wore karate gis. Some had belts while others did not. But this wasn't what stunned Gary and his group, nor had the villagers running in a panic.

The village was on fire! Structures made of wood burned throughout the area. The grass that covered the ground burned in some large spots.

People and Pokemon were running, dumping buckets of water on the flames. Some even climbed up ladders planted near buildings to douse the flames from a higher location. Other stronger people and following Pokemon had the strength to toss the water from the ground high enough to reach the top of burning buildings. When folks would run off after emptying their buckets, more would replace them with their own.