From A Rock Type, To A Hard Place

Gary stretched his arms and legs, groaning and cracking bones.

June got out of the jeep next and held her arms as far back behind her as possible, letting out a relieved squeal with a big smile.

"Guys, I wish you both good luck on your journeys," Prof. Cozmo grinned and nodded from behind the wheel. "Gary, you have a heavy load on your shoulders, but I believe in you. I can't wait to see your matches at the Kanto League."

"Thanks, Prof. Cozmo. I know I'll get that Badge."

"Yes. And be sure to call when, should, you find her," the Trick Master said in a warm, but hard tone from the passenger seat.

"Absolutely! I promise!" Gary insisted.

"Take care, you t-!" Mr. Cozmo started from the back, beside his wife.

Several loud BANG! noises rang through the air.

Everyone turned to the Pokemon Center right by them as screams followed.

"Something's happening in the Pokemon Center!" Gary exclaimed. And it sounds like they have weapons, he thought, and scooped up a Poke Ball. "Nosepass, come out!"

A thrown Poke Ball opened and sent out the Rock type.

"Use Stealth Rock outside of the city!"

A Poke Ball popped open and sent out a Solrock.

Solrock's eyes glowed light blue and the Pokemon spun in a circle, crying out.

A light blue circle appeared on the ground outside of Pewter City, cut off and disappearing in some areas by the trees. Soon after, the glowing circle disappeared.

Solrock's eyes stopped glowing and it stopped spinning, going silent.

Gary turned to see Prof. Cozmo standing, hunched over, still carrying his huge bag on his back, his cane in his hand. His eyes shot around, but when Gary looked, he saw nothing.

The Trick Master was outside of the jeep, slamming the door and looking around suspiciously.

Prof. Cozmo's parents remained inside.

There was a distant but loud explosive sound followed by screams far away.

Suddenly, large, gray objects erupted from the ground, right where the blue circle had been previously. The stones encircled the city and stood still, the rumbles of their arrival fading away.

"Now use Gravity!" Prof. Cozmo commanded.

Solrock hummed in a light tone, and its eyes went entirely black! At once, its humming went a lot deeper, and Gary, June, and Prof. Cozmo's parents all yelled out in strange voices.

"UUUUH-AAAAAAHH!!!" Gary was forced to his knees as an invisible, five hundred pound blanket dropped on top of him. Or at least, that was what it felt like. And his screaming came out muffled but loud, lowered and forced. He was barely able to remain on his knees as he forced his hands into the ground and struggled not to fall out completely flat. Breathing was somehow a struggle!

June was screaming as loudly as she could, though her voice was also distorted. She was sprawled out on her back, the side of her face against the ground.

Gary couldn't see his Nosepass, but he could hear it calling out in a warped tone.

"Now locate them and bring them over here!" Prof. Cozmo grunted out.

Solrock's voice came out deep.

Gary suddenly inhaled sharply and easily, no longer facing resistance, and actually fell onto his back in shock from the release. "OH!" His voice was back to its childish pitch!