Court Adjourned

"There was no need for you to miss Robin's battle! There was plenty of time to go! You just dropped off your Pokemon at the Pokemon Center and disappeared!" June complained to Gary angrily. "And I'll tell you, he acted a whole lot more mature after losing than you did!"

Gary didn't say anything, his back to her while he laid on his bed.

"Top sixteen is incredible! But all you can do is cry and moan over losing to Aly! Everyone wanted to see you after Robin's battle ended. He wasn't even mad you didn't show up! He actually understood, and maybe was disappointed, but he understood! I, can't understand you, though!"

Gary cleared his throat, but he didn't speak.

"These are your friends. How would you feel if Aly did this? You all knew someone would lose along the way! All three of you weren't gonna make it to the finals."

Gary took in a deep breath and then released it. He just remained with his eyes closed, frowning, hoping June would just shut up and leave already.

"We looked here, at the Pokemon Centers; Gary, where did you run off to?"

None of your damn business, Gary kept to himself.

"We called Prof. Oak, asked everyone we could in Pallet Town. No one had heard from you. Not even your mother."

There was a long moment of silence.

She's finally done, Gary thought, letting out his breath through his nose quietly.

"Okay, Gary. Maybe this will wake you up. Aly's next match is against Courtney."

Gary's eyes shot open and he sat up quickly. His head slammed against the steel beams holding up the bed above with a CLAAANG!!! He cried out and grabbed his head with both hands, stars flashing in front of his closed eyes. He tried to will away the pain. "What did you just say??"

"Aly and Courtney are up next."

"I can't believe she made it this far... Everyone beat me, huh...?" Gary felt his eyes tearing up.

"Gary, don't say that. You fought so hard. You've done so well. Please, just give everyone a call. Your mom, Prof. Oak. Robin and Aly. Don't leave us all in the cold."

Gary managed to open his eyes a bit, squinting in pain. He sighed, staring at June. "I guess I look like a real baby, huh?"

"Yes," she nodded. "But you're still our friend." She smiled and took something off the table. "Right?"

Gary stared at the portrait of himself, Aly, Kiwi, Robin and June laughing in Prof. Oak's Lab. He smiled and carefully stood up, his hands lowering to his sides.

"Don't forget that, Gary."

"I'm sorry, June. You're right. I'm ashamed of myself. I have to find them both! Do you know where they're staying?"

"I do, but I don't know that they're there, now."

"It's better than nothing. I can't believe Rob lost. Let's go to his place first. Or should we do Aly?"

"Rob." She smirked and went for the door.

"Yeah." Gary followed after her.

She opened the door.

Gary stopped and gasped.

Aly stood there, a sneer on her face. "Yeah, I've been here for a while. Trust me, you were getting your spoiled little brat butt up. Can't handle a loss, huh? Huh? Huh? Now you're just a little crybaby who can't support their friends' achievements? Huh? Huh? Huh? Huh? Huh?"