My Cabin

"I apologize again, Gary. As I recall, when I asked where you were planning on going way back when, you said that you intended on going to Pewter City," Prof. Oak said with a hesitant smile and a shrug, his hands in the air. "After your experience with that group of Mankey, I figured maybe you weren't ready to go straight for a Badge in Viridian City. I thought you may want to take some time traveling through Viridian Forest. Maybe catch some more Pokemon and train before battling against a Gym Leader."

Gary lowered his head and shook it. "So instead I get sent to the Gym of the future Pokemon Master," Gary bemoaned.

"And with your failure to arrive at Obsidian City, battling Ghosts," Prof. Oak continued, thoughtfully looking at the ceiling before returning his stare to Gary. His face hardened sternly. "I told you to keep Hoothoot with you, Gary," Prof. Oak scolded. "Your Hoothoot's Foresight could have exposed your Badge as a fake, and the entire battle you had as nothing more than an illusion. Anyway, good luck getting through Viridian Forest."

Gary groaned. "For the last time."

"While I have you here, Gary, I'd like to inform you of two things. One, your Lanturn is doing very well here in the pond with the others, so do tell Jen not to worry about her."

"That's great, sir!" Gary smiled, not bothering to correct Prof. Oak. "I'll definitely do that."

"She's a very smart and responsible Trainer. As tough as this must have been, this was great for Lanturn's health. She gets sad here and there, obviously missing, uh... June, but I told her she'd be here very soon, right?"

Gary nodded. "We're almost there, sir."

Prof. Oak nodded. "Hmm. Now, the next news is about your Absol. She hasn't been causing any problems, but I think she may be better off right now in your care. Unless you had a reason for sending her back."

Gary shook his head. "No. Just trying to get around to using all of my Pokemon if possible. I know there's still plenty I haven't even seen."

Prof. Oak nodded. "I've gotten Kingdra and Primeape in a relatively acceptable state. I just think, considering the circumstance, keep in mind the others."

Gary knew exactly what he meant, and he nodded.

A scream filled the Pokemon Center.

Shouts and wails mixed with foot stomps followed.

Gary turned around quickly.

"Uh, is everything alright over there?" Prof. Oak asked.

Gary turned back to him. "Well, that's kind of part of why I-"

A scream Gary immediately knew as Nurse Joy's came out.

"Oh, no! Nurse Joy!" Gary called, whipping back with concern. He then glared around the building, stopping on someone. "JUNE!"

"This is YOUR mess, Gary!!" June screeched, a stunned look on her face.

"Just watch out for Nurse Joy!" Gary shot back.

Suddenly, from out of his Poke Ball, Hitmonchan appeared! "Chan!"

June let her grin be shown big and proud.

"GET OUTTA HERE! No one called for-!" Gary grunted as he was swung on, and he kicked out frantically in return, knocking down his Pokemon. He then let out a furious yell and jumped on top of Hitmonchan.

June was still trying to pry her Magneton from Gary's Nosepass' nose.

Raichu took off his sunglasses and waved at the three of them with both hands, begging and pleading.