Reassurance Policy

"A Drifloon that was kidnapping babies from Float Town, taking them to a place of no known return, has... reached its end," a bald, pale newsman in a blue suit with a black tie spoke from the flat screen TV hanging from the wall of the room. "After time and time again of this Pokemon stealing babies for unknown reasons, taking them to an unknown location, never to be seen again, a brave man put this haunting incident to an end. With his one year old baby in the grasp of Drifloon, the man managed to actually pop the Balloon Pokemon and in fact killed, the Ghost type, Pokemon! The spirit of the Ghost Pokemon now seems settled, funny enough, no longer causing mischief as it chooses to remain in the town, and the townspeople seem content with this. Some believe that this means there is hope that the missing babies could return back safe and sound. Others? Not so faithful. Let's go to the scene and-"

The TV went off, Gary setting down the remote he held. "Ready to battle?"

June smiled, her lips quivering with uncertainty, a disturbed look on her face that she was trying hard to hide. "That's a good idea. Let's go."
Gary nodded. Then, he shook his head. "Crazy, huh? The news."

June nodded and stood up quickly from her bottom bunk bed. "Let's get some fresh air..."

Raichu leaped from the top bunk above June and followed her.

As much as Gary wanted to talk about what they had just watched on the TV, he also did not at all. He got up from his bottom bunk and walked past June, leading the way out of the room they shared. Locking the door behind them, they walked from room 6 and past the other rooms, down stairs, and through a short hallway with two more rooms before finally leaving through the front door of Building Z.

The sky was a bright blue, not a single breeze blowing on a perfectly weathered, warm day. Areas of the Pokemon League Village were coming together nicely, only two days left before the competition would finally begin. Stands were set up with no people or things to buy inside yet. People were outside performing tricks like juggling, magic cards, and an assortment of other types of entertainment that sometimes included Pokemon.

One guy in casual clothing motioned towards himself with his hands at a large zebra! "Come on! We have to be all charged up for this! Give it to me good!"

The thing greatly resembled Blitzle, but much larger, and Gary felt sure it had to be an evolution of it.

With a powerful neigh, the horse reared up on its hind legs and its body was coated in a beautiful color of golden electricity with white static around it. A serious, maybe angry, look on its face, the Pokemon galloped hard for the man.

"Huh?" A look of regret came over the man's face.

The creature collided with the man and the electricity around it met where the two touched, a white, sparking orb of energy forming, which then exploded.

The man screamed as he flew into the air, going out of sight as he disappeared against the sky with a white twinkle.

"What exactly was that guy going for...?" June asked hesitantly as the Pokemon ran after the man.

Zebstrika. The Thunderbolt Pokemon. Blitzle's final stage. Easily agitated, it fires lightning bolts in all directions from its mane. It's said in the Unova region that whenever thunder rumbles, a Zebstrika is right behind you.

Gary put away his Pokedex. "So your Blitzle might become that some day?" he asked June.

June looked back at him and smiled. "Maybe. Guess it'll only help if I use him for our battle, huh?"

"I can't wait for that! Come on!" Gary was grinning big and he took off to the lake they had been at a couple of days ago, where he caught his Slowpoke. This was also where they had spent time practice battling. Exiting the Pokemon Village, Gary stopped by the lake, intending to turn around to face June as he grasped a Poke Ball tightly. Instead, he came to a stop at the sight of a young teenager by a Pokemon.