Some Real Ish

Gary, June, and Tyrogue stared silently at the newest arrival.

In his puffy though tight, black coat, a gray knit hat atop his head, in fit black jeans and dark gray boots, a tall guy stared at everyone while holding a clear capsule that was closed at the top and bottom with yellow caps.

Inside was a beige blanket and a giant brown egg on it with a yellow spot.

On the kid's back was a large, gray camping backpack.

Something creepy slithered from behind him and crawled around his ankles, circling his body once and ending at his knees.

"Whoa! Dude!" Gary backed up and pointed at the creature. "There's something on you!"

June was also staring at it, though with interest and not panic. "It's a Pokemon!"

The kid looked down. "You mean my man, here? This mah nigga Salandit. You never seen one before?"

There was silence again, the three kids staring at each other, June and Gary's eyes wide now.

"They're from Alola," the kid continued.

Nobody spoke again.

"Well, I see y'all don't talk much. See y'all." The tall stranger turned his back on them.

"Where did you say?" Gary questioned.

The guy stopped and turned around. "Salandit? Alola. It's real far from here."

The thing on the kid's pants was fairly large and had a bulky build.

Gary took out his Pokedex.

Salandit. The Toxic Lizard Pokemon. It burns its body fluids to release a dizzying gas or flame from its body that also has a hypnotizing effect on bugs. Only females can also release an alluring pheromone that makes males of any species susceptible.

Gary's eyes narrowed as he stared at the revolving, 3D image of Salandit from his Pokedex. He then squinted at the Salandit on the legs of the stranger. His eyes then went back to his Pokedex before again returning to the kid's Pokemon. "Your Salandit! Why is it so big?"

Whereas Gary's Pokedex displayed a slim lizard, the one the kid had had muscles! It was also larger and longer.

"'Cause fuck these hoes, ya heard?" the kid smiled with his bruised face, one eye surrounded in a black circle, small scars and scratches spread about. "This my partner for a reason. We both been heartbroken by these hoes out here, giving our all to make sure these bitches are taken care of, and all we get is taken advantage of in return."

Gary and June had wide eyes again as they listened to him, unable to respond.

"I found this guy delivering a bunch of food, bugs and shit, through a volcano. But he was skinny as fuck and looked half dead, so I followed him, wondering how could a Pokemon with so much food be looking so unhealthy," the young guy told Gary and June. "Turns out he was taking the food over to a Salazzle, the evolved form only the female Salandit reaches. And she was surrounded by a bunch of male Salandit, all looking sick as fuck and starving. This bitch Salazzle was already eating from a mountain of food, not sharing one bit! Then, this Salandit gave her all his food, and she just ate in front of them all as they watched, smiling like they was hypnotized! Suddenly, for no reason, she just starts beatin' down this Salandit with her tail! My man was helpless! I had to do something. I jumped in with my Elekid to stop them, but we were outnumbered by the other hypnotized Salandit controlled by Salazzle. The good news is, we got this Salandit out of there and took off. That bitch even tried to spray me and Elekid with her poison and control us. Fuck outta here."