Fractured 4 Good (Civil War 2016)

LAST CHAPTER OF CIVIL WAR, HOPE YALL ENJOY AND MAKE SURE TO READ TO THE END. VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE AFTER THE TWO END CREDITS

-A FEW HOURS LATER-

Tony and Natasha are seen standing next to each other, looking out at the grassland outside the compound.

"The doctors say he shattered L4 through S1. Extreme laceration to the spinal cord. Probably looking at some form of paralysis."

Natasha continues to look out as she takes a deep breath, "Steve's not gonna stop. If you don't either, Rhodey's gonna be the best case scenario."

Tony grits his teeth slightly, "You let them go, Nat."

"We played this wrong."

Tony scoffs, "We? Then what about Y/N? While your in here talking about playing things wrong, the kid's hold up in there in a-"

"I KNOW HE IS!" Natasha lashes out, "I was there with him when he collapsed. If you would just let me stay with him for a few more-"

"Boy, it must be hard to shake the whole double agent thing, huh? Did you even think for once, what Y/N will think when he hears about what you did?"

Natasha looks down as Tony's word cut into her.
"I....This is bigger then him." She glares up at the billionaire, "And don't you dare try and use the man I love against me."

"W-Wait.....love? What do you mean "love?"

Natasha curses to herself as she let that last part slip,
Tony doesn't even wait for her response.

Tony laughs to himself, "Wow, that just makes things SO much better for us now, doesn't it?"

"Are you incapable of letting go of your ego for one goddamn second?"

Tony looks ahead and shrugs, "T'Challa told Ross what you did, so....they're coming for you."

Natasha throws an angry glance at him,
"I'm not leaving until Y/N wakes up. And I'm not the one who needs to watch their back."

Natasha turns away, heading towards her lover and not wanting to be in Stark's presence any longer.

Stark then gets a notification on his watch, prompting him to look down.
"What am I looking at, Friday?"

-30 MINUTES LATER-

Y/N is slow to awareness, but slowly awakens as he groggily opens his eyes. Due to the constant monitor beeping, noticing that he's wearing a gown and laying down, he comes to the conclusion that he is in a hospital bed.

To his right is Natasha, who is gripping his hand in reassurance.

Noticing him come to, she gets closer to him and tightens her grip on the injured Y/N's hand.
"Y/N, c-can you hear me?"