The Final Battle Pt.I (Endgame 2023)

I KNOW I LEFT LAST CHAPTER ON A VERY SOUR NOTE, BUT WE ARE NEARING THE END....

-2019-

It is a week before the wedding and Y/N is sleeping happily in his bed. It is only 10:30 pm, but he is tired. He is just about to enter beautiful REM when suddenly, his bedroom lights flick on and somebody jumps on him.

"Wake up, Y/N!" Tony shouts in his ear. "We're kidnapping you!"

Y/N groans and pushes Tony off. "What?"

"This is your surprise bachelor party, kid! Get up and get dressed!" Rocket orders from the door.

Looking up, Y/N sees all of the guys standing around in his room, Thor, Rhodey, Rocket, Dre, Steve and Bruce. "I'm not getting out of this am I?"

"Nay, Y/N!" Thor bellows happily as he takes a swig of his beer. "It is our sacred duty to prepare you for your wedding in this manner."

"Yeah, L/N," Dre laughs. "It's our sacred duty...whatever that means."

"Alright, fine." Y/N pretends to grumble, but he is secretly thrilled. The guys whoop and holler in excitement.

________

Today is the big day. Today is the day Natasha gets to marry the man of her dreams. Nat was always taught that love was for children. Love made you weak. Love was a liability meant for the foolish. Nat firmly believed this, but then Y/N crashed into her life (or more specifically, she snuck up on him in his room) and proved her wrong. Y/N showed her that love wasn't weak, it was strong and brave. It was trust and safety. Y/N showed her that love was everything and joy was what she was missing in her life and it was everything she ever wanted. Today, they are going to make that love official.

Natasha is just throwing the covers off her bed when Pepper opens her bedroom door. "Are you ready?"

"More than ready."

"Then let's get you ready for the alter."

Nat spends most of the day getting dolled up for her wedding. She takes a long, hot bath and then sat down at her vanity for Pepper's team to work their magic.

Her hair is simply put into soft curls going down her shoulders and framing her face. Her nails are painted a bright red to match her dress. Pepper comes in to do her makeup, as she'd spent some time as a beautician for a mission.

"I'm honestly so happy for you two, you two are honestly perfect for each other." She says as she applies some eyeshadow.

"I can't imagine myself with anyone else." Natasha replies as she begins to feel butterflies in her stomach, or maybe it's because of the baby boy inside her.

"I didn't know what happiness was until I met Y/N." Nat says honestly.

"Good. I'm glad he makes you happy. You deserve it. But if he ever makes you not happy, his head is going on my mantle."

"Pepper," she laughs, "you know that's not possible."

"I know. It's just my job to say that." She finishes putting the final dab of blush on her cheeks. "There. You look beautiful."

Natasha looks up into the mirror. Pepper is right. She looks like royalty.

"Let's go get you married to Prince Charming, Princess." Pepper smiles and offers her a hand up.