Chapter 14

HAYES'S POV

During the car ride to my mom's friends house I watched insidious on my MacBook in the second row of seats.  Skylnn was sitting behind me, but after the first 30 minutes of the car ride she fell asleep, and has been asleep ever since.  We made two stops, for bathroom brakes, and I bought Starbucks for me and my mom.  When Insidious was over, we still had 15 minutes until we got there because of traffic.  I grabbed my phone and my headphones and listened to music, my phone was on airplane mode so that the battery wouldn't die quickly, so I didn't know if anyone texted or called me, but I didn't really care.

When we arrived, the house was huge, it was gated and there were already boxes outside and a moving truck.  I put everything back in my back pack then grabbed it and followed my mom and Skylnn inside.  The house was huge on the inside, there was a giant ceiling, and there were boxes everywhere.

"I'm going to go find Melanie, but you should go upstairs and find her daughter and see if she needs any help." My mom said.

"Okay.  Where should I put my stuff?" I asked.

"Just give it to me." 

"Hold on let me get my phone."  I unziped my bag, grabbed my phone, gave my back pack to my mom, then went upstairs.

I got confused as to where to go, but I finally found a room at the end of the hallway with the door wide-open.  I knocked on the door.

"Hello?" I asked walking into the room.

"Hi, you must be my mom's firend's son." A girl said, she wasn't even in the room, she was in her closet packing her clothing in boxes, she didn't even turn around to look at me.

"So, you need any help?" I asked her.

She turned around and dropped the box that was in her hands, her mouth was wide open, and her eyes were wide open.

"Something wrong?" I asked, "I mean if you saw a spider or something I can kill it."

"Excuse me." She said and stormed past me.

Well, that was strange, once she was down the stairs I went down after her.

"You didn't tell me Hayes Grier was your friend's son!" The girl said to her mother, "You should've told me, I look terrible!"

"I didn't know that he was that big of a person." Someone said, I'm guessing her mom.

They talked for a few minutes, but I didn't want to listen to the conversation anymore so I went up stairs back into her room.  I didn't even see her face or anything, all I know is that she has dirty blonde hair that was in a bun, and she was wearing a crop top shirt and a pair of high waisted shorts.  I sat down on the floor with my back on the wall because there was no where else to sit, I guess they already packed all the furniture from her room.  I waited for a while until she came back, and went straight to the closet, she didn't even look at me.

"I'm Hayes, but I don't think I deserve the silent treatment because I came here to help you and your mom pack your things."

"Ashley." she said still facing towards the closet and packing her stuff.

"Do you need help?" I asked and walked over to her.

"No!" she snapped at me, at least she turned around and was looking at me.

She had on a Nash crop top, so I'm guessing she was a fan.  She had beautiful brown eyes, she just looked amazing.  I wouldn't date her though, I already like someone else.

"Yes, yes I do need help, can you help me pack up everything from my closet?" Ashley asked.

"Yeah sure."