16

Lisa POV

I stared at the Lunar knife, trying my hardest to think of a spell that could help me protect my family and myself from what's bound to come. I couldn't force the prophecy back into it, I also couldn't take Chaeyoung's gift to body jump, that was her witch gift.

I sighed in frustration, before getting off the chair to go talk with Chaeyoung. I did feel for the girl, she started to become nervous by the day probably since she was a teenager with only new magic.

I walked downstairs and made my way to the kitchen, starting up a simple sandwich and a water bottle before heading downstairs to the basement. We weren't as mean with her as we were with Sana, we gave her a bed but still kept the magic blocking bracelets on her that I made.

"I made you this." I put the sandwich down on her bed as she sat up, looking a bit scared. "I'm not here to hurt you, Chaeyoung. You already told me everything."

"Then let me go." She whimpered into her pillow as she clutched it to her. "I won't body jump, I won't harm anyone. I just want to be home, Lisa."

I frowned and sat down on a chair, it was night time so I could tell she was getting scared by the little light in here so I used my phone light, causing her to sigh in relief. She hesitantly reached for the sandwich and took a small bite, before practically devouring it.

I texted Rosé to make another as I decided to try and talk with her, if I could get her on our side, I'd have one less obstacle to worry about when the wolves came.

"So since you're 18, this is your first year of having your magic right? Or how does it work with Eclipse witches?" I leaned into the chair as she glanced at me suspiciously, "If I wanted to hurt you, I would have just killed you by now."

"Then why keep me alive? I already ruined everything." She looked down at her lap, "my mom will surely kill me for it. She only needs me when her friends ask for favors."

"I want to keep you alive because I don't want to hurt you. You're young and a witch like me, Chaeyoung we don't have to hurt each other but I WILL kill you if you try harming my family."

"Family?" She scoffed as she looked up at me, "I don't even know the word. I thought vampires in groups are called covens?"

"They are my coven, but they're my sisters too. I love them." I smiled at Rosé who came down to pass me the sandwich, waving shyly to Chaeyoung before going back upstairs. "You don't have to worry about them over hearing, I sound proofed this room."

I gave her the sandwich and I could see her starting to get more comfortable around me but I wouldn't throw off my guard completely. I still didn't know if she would try to body jump but she couldn't do it with those bracelets on.

"You're right, this is my first year doing magic. All witches start magic at 18 but I heard you started since you were young as the Lunar witch. My mother found out I could body jump and ever since, I've been going to rich people and getting money that way. Mom doesn't acknowledge me other than that."

I thought back to my own mother, smiling at the memory at how loving she was to me. How devoted she was to making sure I had an amazing life even after finding out about me being a vampire. She gave me love, the greatest gift any mother could give to a child.

As weird as it sounds, I felt that sort of protection towards Chaeyoung. She was like me, being used at a young age for my magic. She didn't want this. She wanted to be home.

"Do you really want to hurt us?" I went over to her, sitting next to her as she tensed slightly. "I don't think you do. When I was little, I would do magic for my douchebag of a birth father. I didn't know any better but you're an adult now, do you want this?"

"Will you kill me?" She looked up at me with tears in her eyes. "I just don't want my mom angry at me. She can kill me and take my energy, Lisa. I can't disappoint her.. she killed my dad."

"You have two options. You could follow with your moms plan and I'll kill you, taking your energy-"

"No! Please!" She cried into her hands and I slowly removed them from her face as she pleaded with me with her eyes.

"Or you can stop and I'll protect you. I won't let anyone hurt you, not even your mother. I'll take care of you and help with your magic. It's your choice, but you need to choose by the time the wolves come."

"How can I turn my back on my own mother? For people I barely know? Vampires more less!"

"I did it." I shrugged, "I killed my birth father to protect the ones I grew to love more than anything. They were my protectors too, especially my Nini."

"I didn't mean to call her a bitch," she pouted up at me, "but she kicked me before I introduced my name."

"My wife isn't one for strangers, that's her way of protecting us. But like I said, it's your choice. I would just hate to have to kill you, I can see that you're not an evil person."

I got up but she quickly grabbed onto my arms, "I-I hate the dark. Stay please." I didn't want Jennie to come down here and see me hugging her, that would set her off but I asked Rosé if she could bring down a lamp just in case I had to leave during the night.

I sat back down as she laid her head on my lap, starting to fall asleep and I smiled down at the little witch. I heard a low hiss and I gulped loud, looking up to see Jennie holding the lamp like a bat.

"Jennie no," I hissed at her with an eye roll. "Put it down!"

"No!"

"Jennie Ruby Jane Manoban! If you don't put it down in five seconds so help me..I will withhold sex for a week!"

She immediately put it down but crossed her arms, glaring at me. I removed myself from Chaeyoung and went to turn on the light as I dragged the angry Jennie with me up the stairs.

She gripped my ear as soon as the door shut and she flashed us up to our room, throwing me onto the bed. "Explain why you were cuddling with her!"

"I wasn't cuddling! I wasn't even hugging her! And OW! You almost ripped my ear off!"

"I'll rip it off if you don't tell me why you were even in the bed with her!" She then got sad as she pouted at me, "I came home from hunting missing my wife and wanting to cuddle but you were with her."

"Baby," I immediately flew to her side to hug her to me. I explained what happened and how my feelings for the little witch weren't romantic but rather maternal and protective.

"You really think she'd help us?"

"If she doesn't then what's the harm? We kill her." I shrugged, but I really hoped it didn't come to that. I grinned, grabbing my wife to pick her up and push her against the wall.

"Allow me to make it up to you because I missed you too, baby." She grinned as I slammed my lips to hers, running my hands under her top.

"Horny bitches," Rosé whispered through the door and I rolled my eyes, but I wasn't pulling away from my wife so if she wanted to listen, she could do so but I'll probably have to charge her for it in the morning.