Chapter 25-Bathroom fight

I was grateful that McGonagall knew and was not against us. Having someone that we could trust and help or at least turn a blind eye when needed was great.

The weeks progressed and Ron had been put under a love potion. I had laughed once I had found out, knowing that it would make Lavender jealous. However, again another plan failed as the drink that had been intended for Dumbledore, laced with poison, had somehow been given to Ron, unfortunately not killing him. Draco was getting more and more stressed as the day came closer. He had sent one of the two birds through, but it did not work, getting trapped in between and its body dying. I kept reassuring Draco that he can fix the cabinet, though it seemed that no matter what, I could see that he was deeply worried about failing.

I was sat with Luna and Neville in the lunch hall, when I noticed Harry get up and go towards Katie Bell. The girl who had been put under Draco's Imperius curse seemed to have caught Harry's attention and I knew that this would not go well for Draco, making him panic. I quickly scanned the crowd, Luna calling my name distracted me from seeing Draco enter. "Everything alright Hermione?" Just as I went to answer, Harry walked past, almost rushing towards the exit; catching a glimpse of the book in his hands and Draco exiting the hall. I caught scent of Draco's stress and worry but underneath it all, I could scent his anger. My eyes narrowed and I spoke hurriedly towards Luna, "No. I think Harry's onto Draco." I quickly stood up and walked after them both. Even knowing that Draco could hold his own in duelling since he had been taught by Bella, I still worried as I knew that Harry pissed Draco off endlessly. Though, that was no surprise.

Since I knew Draco well, I could easily pick up on his scent quicker than others. A year ago, I never would have thought I would be following my friends smell. I shook off that thought as I arrived outside the boys bathroom, hearing Draco sob; my heart ached for him as I knew the pressure to succeed was overwhelming for him. Even with the luck potion, it only helped with his casting. I heard Harry say "I know what you did Malfoy. You hexed her, didn't you?" It was silent before it was broken by Draco throwing a curse towards Harry. I could feel Draco's magic, and I could smell his anger. Harry had pushed his anger forward.

The stress had caught up to him and because Harry had seen him in a venerable state, he lashed out. I entered the bathroom just as a spell was thrown, making the pipes burst; flooding the room with water. An instinct feeling of dread filled my stomach and I know something would go wrong. Harry being as reckless as he is and Draco being too emotional. Both of the boys were casting spells back and forth from one another and I just reached Draco when I heard the Sectumsempa leave Harry lips. I did not recognise this spell, and because I was in near Draco, not having time to block and because of my promise to Narcissa; I pushed him aside taking the hit that was meant for him.

For a second, time seemed to stand still. Harry staring at me in shock then horror. I felt something warm against my stomach before I looked down at the multiple red spots on my top. Pain then registered and I could taste blood in my mouth. What is this spell? Pain, much like the Crucio curse but worse filled my body and I collapsed. I could feel my body trying to heal but seconds after, wounds would open again. For the first time, I felt panic fill me and I struggled to utter the healing spell as blood seemed to fill my mouth. Even though I was proficient as wandless spells, I could not concentrate. I felt weak.

I could feel Bella panic and worry as she felt my pain through our bond. The worried voice of my mate rang throughout my mind, but it was as if I was hearing her underwater. "Muddy?" My mind felt blurry as I tried to gather my thoughts, to try and concentrate and respond but I couldn't. Harry clearly had no control over this spell, therefore having no restraint, so when he casted it thanks to his anger; the spell had been twice as powerful. For the first time in a long time I felt utterly powerless. I have studied every spell, but I could not recognise this one.

Draco was kneeled beside me, desperately trying to heal me but he couldn't concentrate, his words a jumbled mess. His voice was muted as well as he said, "Hermione, why aren't you healing?!" I managed to grit out "I don't know." Harry stood off to the side, his face completely pale. His mouth opened to utter what I assumed was an apology when Snape burst through into the bathroom. He paused at the scene and then glared heavily at Harry before rushing over to me and kneeling beside me, uttering Vulnera Sanentur. I notice Harry leave the room quickly and after a few incantations, I could feel my wounds closing. Anger filled me and despite my trembling limbs, I managed to drag myself up. my attention going to Snape and he recoiled as he felt my power release. "I suggest you tell me whatever spell Harry had manged to cast and how he learnt it?" Draco had gripped my hand and I sent him a reassuring smile before turning back to Snape.

Snape explained how he had created that spell when he had been younger and known as the Half Blood Prince, intending to use it on his enemies. He explained how the spell caused damage to the victim, much like sword slashes that would run deep causing excessive bleeding. The healing spell would need a lot of concentration to heal the wounds due to the first incantation to decrease the blood flow, the second incantation causes the wounds to slowly knit together and the final incantation removes the worst effects of the curse. He explained the he believed Dumbledore to have taken his book and placed it so Harry would find it. I was immensely angered at how reckless Harry had become attempting to cast spell that he had no idea or control of. If I hadn't have taken that hit, then Draco would have been it's victim, which just made me even angrier. I soothed Bella through out bond, letting her know that I would explain later; knowing that Bella would be livid.

Sorry for the long wait on this chapter.
I am now back at work, so I will update whenever I can.
However, I hope you enjoyed, and thank you for being patient.