Confused - Chapter 11

I wake up with a huge smile plastered on my face. I slowly gather my thoughts, the massive grin still planted on my face. I get up slowly, grab my crutches and limp over to Josh's room. I push open the door, and stamp loudly, that could've woken up the whole house. But Josh stayed with his face in the pillow. Gosh, he can sleep through an earthquake. I have to admit, he looks adorable. I smirk and pull off his duvet, try to ignore his shirtless body and I scream into his ear.

"HOLY CRAP!" he shrieks and jumps up and grabs me down with him. I giggle hysterically at his stricken face. I laugh uncomtrollably for over five minutes. Josh is frowning and his arms are folded across his chest.

"You done yet?" he growls.

"Yeah," I exhale loudly, "No I'm not," I start giggling again, my eyes spurting tears. Josh glares at me. I stop after a while and grin happily at him. He keeps frowning.

"Geez, Mr Grumpy pants," I stick my tongue out at him, "I'm going to get my cast off today, so I'm leaving soon, and I'll have to drive because you're not on the mood, and I will probably die cause my cast probably won't move," I pout. Josh's chest slumps and he grabs me.

I squeal on surprise.

"Put me down! Josh!" I shriek. He shakes his head and smirks.

"Say the magical word," he taunts.

"Okay! Okay! You win!" I gasp for breath. Josh puts me down beside him on the bed and then pulls his pillow over his face. I grab my ribs and pull off his pillow. I lean in and kiss him forcefully. Josh grins during the kiss and pulls me closer. I pull away.

"No more kisses, you're breath smells," I say truthfully. Josh gets up and shakes his head.

"Get ready, I'll drive you to the doctors," he gets up and walks into the bedroom, leaving me grinning like crazy.

-------------------------------

"Thank you Doctor Brennan," Josh shakes the red haired lady's hand and turns back to me. I'm still wriggling my leg.

"It's freeeeeee!" I grin. Josh shakes his head, chuckling.

"Lets go. You ready?" he asks, helping me up.

"Readier than ever," I smirk, straightening up.

"You look like you need sleep babe," Josh comments. I peer into the rear-vision mirror in the car, and stare at the bags under my eyes. I shrug.

"Oh well,"

"You're sleeping early tonight," he leans over and kisses my forehead. I look up into his eyes, but then I break the contact. Do I even deserve him? Oh no, not this again. I bite my lip, and avoid contact with him for the rest of the car ride.

"Gen? Are you alright?" Josh asks softly. I finally look in his direction.

"Uh.. yeah," I lie. Josh raises an eyebrow. He knows me too well.

"Wanna go out and eat?" he asks slowly. I nod.

"Okay, yeah sure," I agree with him, trying to ignore the negative thoughts rushing in and out of my head.

----------------------

"To us," Josh winks, lifting up his glass of lemonade. I grin. Josh obviously knows I don't drink, so he ordered lemonade. I lift up my glass, shaking my head with laughter.

"Well someones cheered up," he winks again, making me smile. Then it fades as some teenager walks up, a copy of 'Celebrity' magazine in her hand.

"Um.. excuse me, sorry to um.. interfere but are you the girl in this magazine..?" she asks, handing me it. I hold it quickly and stare at the front cover, it was the photo from the beach, but even worse, the one where me and Josh are kissing. My lip trembles. I look at Josh for help. He nods, unsure.

I turn back to the girl and force a smile onto my dry lips.

"Aha, yeah," I answer her question through gritted teeth. She nods slowly, taking it all in.

"So you know Jos--" she stops as she notices Josh sitting there. A shriek escapes her lips suddenly. She sprints out of the doors, leaving the magazine in my hands. I stare at it, and flick through to the page.

"Gen.. don't," Josh tries to stop me, but I don't. I keep flicking and then stare at the article.

'Josh Hutcherson has found a new beau!' I scan through the page, looking for hate. Nothing. Yet.

I sigh loudly, and slump into my chair. Josh's eyes are full of worry.

"Can we go home? I'm feeling funny," I ask Josh. He nods quickly and takes my hand.

We walk out, and Josh warns me to walk quickly and cover my face. I do as I'm told and we stumble out of the restaurant. Josh helps me into the passenger seat and then slams the door behind. I shut my eyes. Well I'm definitely not checking twitter when we get home.

YAY! Another chapter in one day! I am so so so sorry that it took forever to post chapter 10, I've really been sooooo busy! I'll post next chapter soon! Thanks for being so patient!

Dee, x