Confused - Chapter 17

“I love you Genevieve,”

“I love you more Kentucky,”

“No I do,”

“No I do,”

“No, I DO!”

“Josh, get real. I love you more,” I stick my bottom lip out and pout. Josh’s face softens.

“Okay okay! You win. You love me more,” He confesses and kisses me. I smile during the kiss and we linger for a while. He pulls away then leans his forehead against mine.

“I’m pretty sure that I love you more,” he murmurs. I pull back, and shoot him a look.

“Not this again!” I slap him arm playfully.

“Then just say that I love you more,” he grins evilly. I fake frown and cross my arms.

“Fine then. Joshua loves.. uhh.. Lanchen more,”

I refer to our friend —CORRECTION— one of Josh’s best friends when we were younger. She loathed me. Only because sometimes Josh seemed to talk to me more. Then he started getting famous. Josh kinda lost contact with me because of him getting new numbers because fans were stalking him, and he was practically travelling the world. Lanchen always popped up from nowhere and she made sure that Josh was still in contact with her. He still is. But I don’t know why Josh would want me over her. Her and her perfect face, and blonde hair. And her really fake -even though Josh doesn’t notice it- sweet girl personality. I never really liked her. I remember all those photos of Josh’s birthdays or us going out, she forced me to take the photos and never actually be in them. They were always him and her, hugging, grinning like mad. Then I think about the journal Josh made. All those photos of me and him, and the little paragraphs he made about me.. I actually almost died when I found it. And there was no Lanchen in there..

“Gen? Are you alright? You’ve gone pale,” Josh stares at me. I blink and look at Josh.

“Baby, do you know how I told you about that scrapbook thingy me and Avan found in your room?”

“Oh boy,” Josh sits back down in his chair and runs his hands through his hair, cheeks bright red.

“Well,” I continue, “I was just going to ask.. why wasn’t there any Lanchen in there? Why do you want me? I don’t get it Josh.. I actually thought you two were like.. made for each other.. It was obvious and she are it pretty clear that she loved you. And hated me. I.. I don’t.. You guys dated, remember? You seemed so in love, that you didn’t even realise I have always been in love with you. You didn’t realise, but surprise surprise,Lanchen knew!” I blurt out, a hint of sarcasm rising in my voice.

“Gen..” Josh tries to stop me. I cut him off.

“I don’t get it. I haven’t told you this, and I wasn’t planning to, but did you know that whenever we hung out, and of course Lanchen was there, and you went to get something or something, she always glared at me, and told me that if I ever laid a finger on you, she would do something that I would never forget? Did you know that?!” I didn’t plan to say all this. I just planned to ask him if he actually liked me back then. And why he dated Lanchen. But it’s coming out like this. I have no reason to be mad at Josh, and I’m practically screaming. I can feel everyone staring at me, but I don’t care. Josh is now standing up, and leaning towards me, trying to embrace me.

I jerk away.

“And then when Dad passed away, she used that against me. Said if I wasn’t careful, Stefani and mum would be next. That’s why I stopped contacting you for a few months,” I admit, half shouting. Josh looks taken back. His jaw is half dropped, and his eyes were filled with sadness and pain.

“Why me?” Tears were running down my face, and that was all I managed to choke out. Josh steps over to me and lifts my chin up, and I pull away again, and run out the doors, tears streaming down my cheeks.

Sitting here on my apartment bed, I rerun the conversation with Josh again and again. How could I be so dumb? How could I just push Josh away? Why am I so messed up? Dad passed away five years ago, its not such a big deal. Of course it is. He’s my dad! I can’t think straight, my head feels so heavy. It’s not Josh’s fault. It’s Lanchen’s. Why did I take it out on Josh? He didn’t know because I didn’t tell him. So it’s my fault. All my fault.

I look at my buzzing phone.

*27 New Messages. 9 Missed Calls.*

Thank god he doesn’t know where my apartment is. My phone buzzes again. What does he want from me? I groan and roll over and check some of the recent messages.

Gen, tell me where your apartment is. I need to talk to you. I love you, please.

Genevieve, please answer your phone.

Text me back please Gen, I love you.

Please, I’m sorry and I didn’t know, you should’ve told me. Please Gen, tell me where you are. I need to talk to you, I love you.

Tears spring to my eyes. What am I doing still here? It’s not Josh’s fault. It’s mine. I better go apologise. I check the time; 1:47am. Oh well. I shrug and grab Josh’s oversized jumper that he gave to me, and I shoot out the door, a huge grin planted on my face.

Not as long as usual, but you know.. I tried (: Enjoy guys, I’ll post the next chapter up later tonight or tomorrow, thanks for being patient! ILY ALL <3

Dee, x