Confused - Chapter 29

29

"Okay mum, have a nice flight, call me when you get off the plane. Say hi to Stef for me! Okay, love you too, bye," I hang up the phone and turn back to my laptop, the most photos of my most recent clients. After almost a whole year, I get to see mum and Stef again. As I'm about to doze off, the doorbell rings. I get up to my feet, shove my converse back on and swing the door of the studio open. A little girl wearing a fluffy pink scarf, a little boy a bit younger than her and their mum stood in front of me.

"Hi! Can I help you?" I ask pleasantly. The mum shoots me a smile.

"I'm Olive, and this is Wynter and William, I take it your Genevieve, the photographer?" she introduces her and her children. I look down at her hand and see a small cutout of the ad I had put in the newspaper.

"Yes thats me," I smile at her children. 

"Nice to meet you Wynter," I shake her tiny hand and turn to William, "And you too William," I shake his hand and he giggles.

"You're good with kids, they drive me crazy," Olive states, smiling as she shakes my hand as well.

"Not really, they drive me nuts sometimes as well," I say truthfully letting them inside and Olive laughs.

"Okay, so do you want to take the photos with them?" I ask, polishing my camera lens. Olive shakes her head.

"No way, I'll ruin the photo," 

"No you won't, you're beautiful," I tell her and she beams.

"Thank you, but it won't change my decision," she giggles, making me laugh.

"Oh and also, what do you want the theme to be?" I ask her another question.

"Um, well I want them to be in the same photo but with different themes, like.." I stop her.

"Don't worry, no need to explain, I get it," I reassure her.

"So what do you want the themes to be?" 

"Well if Wynter could have a fairy kind of theme and if Will could have a elf theme that would be great," she gestures towards her children. I nod and tell the kids to stand in front of the green screen.

"Um, miss Genewieve, is it okay if I wear my fwuffy scarf?" Wynter tugs my shirt eagerly.

"Of course you can miss Wynter," I pat her head and she giggles.

"You are great with kids," Olive repeats and I smile.

------

"Thank you so much, Genevieve, the photos look amazing!" Olive hugs me.

"Because your kids are amazingly cute!" I say, hugging her back.

"I'll have them printed and sent to your house, thanks so much for coming in,"

"Well I'll be recommending you to all my friends!" Olive smiles walking out the door.

"Aw, thanks, bye bye miss Wynter, see ya Willy!" They both giggle and hug my legs before they left.

"I'll call it a night," I whisper to myself, yawning and locking the door behind me.

-----------

I woke up by the sound of knocking at the door. I roll my eyes and attempt to get up, but Josh's arms swoop around my waist and pulls me back down.

"Josh! Get off me, I have to get the door," I groan, but curling right into his warm chest.

"Mm, they can wait," He murmurs, and I yawn.

"I have to get it," I raise an eyebrow and Josh shakes his head, eyes still shut.

"Fine, you have to get it then," I try to make a deal.

"Okay fine!" he throws the blanket over his head and I get up, attempting to flatten my bed hair then walking towards the door.

I swing it open and my blood goes cold.

"Lanchen?"

I'm sick and I have hayfever and I hate spring and I'm sad and stop sending hate to hutcherson-fiction