Confused - Chapter 20

“Hi Lanchen,” I say through gritted teeth. Lanchen smirks and gives me a sarcastic finger wave.

“Hai Genevieve,” she squeaked in her high-pitched, not to mention; annoying voice. I swallow and force a smile.

“You remember Shannon right?” she squeaks again. I have trouble keeping my eyes from widening as another of Josh’s ex’s walks over.

“Yes of course. Hi Shannon,” I manage to say. Shannon is way nicer than Lanchen, and even though she dated Josh, she didn’t go around giving death threats and sarcasm out to Josh’s friends. And she and Shannon were friends as long as Josh and I were, so Lanchen was okay with Shannon dating Josh. Shannon smiles and I shoot a smile back.

“Hey Gen! How are you?!” Shannon steps forward and hugs me. I hug her back, trying to avoid Lanchen’s  death glare.

“I’m fine, you?” I release my grip on her shoulders and look at her. Shannon, I must say, is prettier, and nicer than Lanchen. Wow. Another ex to feel jealous towards.

“I’m great! I just got a job over in New York, so Lanchen decided we come here and well.. hang out for my last days here,” Shannon explains. I nod and smile.

“That’s great! Good job, and good luck in New York! Never lose that Kentucky spirit,” I wink at her and she giggles.

“It’s in my blood. I don’t think I’ll ever lose it,” she one shoulder hugs me and smiles.

“Well, I’m going to go now, we’ve been here for a while, let’s go Lanchen,” Shannon shoots me one last smile and starts to pull Lanchen away.

“Oh, Gen, question,” Lanchen pulls away from Shannon’s grip and leans over to my ear. Uh oh.

“You and Josh are.. well.. together am I correct?” I gulp and don’t say anything. Lanchen raises an eyebrow.

“You never listen do you?” she hisses. I flinch and look away.

“You can’t control the world Lanchen. It’s not yours,” I whisper softly, hoping she didn’t hear it as soon as it came out of my mouth. Lanchen scowls.

“Lanch, let’s goooo,” Shannon is tugging at her arm now. Lanchen releases her glare on me and shoots me a fake smile.

“See ya Genevieve. And remember what I said years ago. Oh and,” she lowered her voice so only I could hear, “You’re gonna pay for this,” she gestures towards her wet shirt, “And for not keeping your hands off my guy,” she winks and clops out with her extremely high heels.

I can’t breathe. Today was meant to be a day just for ‘me’.. not for Lanchen and Josh. I sit down at an almost empty table and swallow my water harshly. Laying my head on the table, I shut my eyes, forcing the tears to go back in.

“This is for my girlfriend, Genevieve Murphy,” an incredibly familiar voice calls through the microphone. I whip my head up and my mouth drops when I see Josh standing there. On the stage. Microphone in hand. Oh god. No. No! Josh spots me in the crowd and points at me.

“This is for you baby,” Everyone turns their heads and look at me. I swear I’m as red as a beetroot.

If I was your boyfriend, I’d never let you go

I can take you places you ain’t never been before

Baby, take a chance or you’ll never ever know

I got money in my hands that I’d really like to blow

Swag, swag, swag, on you

Chillin’ by the fire while we eatin’ fondue

I don’t know about me but I know about you

So say hello to falsetto in three, two, swag

I’d like to be everything you want

Hey girl, let me talk to you

If I was your boyfriend, never let you go

Keep you on my arm girl, you’d never be alone

I can be a gentleman, anything you want

If I was your boyfriend, I’d never let you go, I’d never let you go

Tell me what you like yeah tell me what you don’t

I could be your Buzz Lightyear, fly across the globe

I don’t ever wanna fight yeah, you already know

Imma make you shine bright like you’re laying in the snow

Girlfriend, girlfriend, you could be my girlfriend

You could be my girlfriend until the w-w-world ends

Make you dance do a spin and a twirl and

Voice goin crazy on this hook like a whirlwind

Swaggie

I’d like to be everything you want

Hey girl, let me talk to you

If I was your boyfriend, never let you go

Keep you on my arm girl, you’d never be alone

I can be a gentleman, anything you want

If I was your boyfriend, I’d never let you go, I’d never let you go

I think my ears have fallen off. No offence to Josh, but he can’t sing. But everyone is on their feet and clapping, and screams from fans fill my ears. Oh god, Josh. I shake my head and smile slightly, then I start to clap with the crowd.

I know this isn’t long, but I’m making it up to you in the next chapter! Which will be also posted today! I hope you liked this chapter, it’s definitely not my best, but please leave love! <3

Dee, x