Confused - Chapter 13

"I guess this is it then," I whispered, cuddling into Josh's chest. His grip tightened on me.

"I'll write and call you everyday alright? I'll call you as soon as I get there," Josh murmured and kisses me for the hundredth time. And that was last time I felt his lips on mine.

All I'm doing now is sitting on my bed, waiting for Josh's promised phone call. Finally it rings. I snatch it up quickly.

"Hello?" I say hastily. The voice I hear that answers me makes my heart leap.

"Josh?" I manage to croak out.

"Hey babe," I can almost hear the smile in his voice.

"Did you just get there?" I ask curiously. Josh chuckles.

"Nah. Well kind of. I just got my hotel room and everything.. how you dealing without me?" Josh asks. I laugh out loud.

"Not good. I miss you heaps already," I pout, laying upside down on my bed.

"Awww my poor little baby," he laughs.

"Ha ha," I say sarcastically. I hear a knock on Josh's door and he gets up.

"Two secs Genny," I hear him open the door and all I can hear is "Yes, yes, ok thank you, bye,"

"Josh?" I call out, "Josh you there?" Silence.

"RAWR!" he shrieks into my ear, making me throw the phone across the room. I get up hurriedly and go to retrieve it.

"Josh!" I scream, examining my iPhone for scratches. Josh giggles innocently.

"Ugh! When you get back, I will KILL YOU!" I shriek angrily.

"I love you Genevieve," he tries to persuade me. I shake my head.

"Don't even try. I will still kill you! Anyway, who was that at the door?" I ask. Josh sighs.

"Yeah... about that.. I gotta go Gen, I have to get to set and you know.. stuff.." he says quietly. My heart droops.

"Oh.. right.. yeah. Go.. have um, fun! Bye," I swallow my sadness and force a cheerful voice on.

"I'm sorry Gen. Just remember, I'll call you tomorrow alright? I love you," then before I know it, I'm listening to the dial tone. I can feel the cold stone in my heart rise again.

Shortest chapter I've written so far, but don't worry, I'm making a better one in the next chapter.. heheh i have a surprise for you! Enjoy.. >;)

Dee, x