「Prologue」

The world had changed. My hometown, where I was born and raised is now taken over by...

Zombie:
GRAAAGH

Me:
AAAAAHHH!

...freaky monsters. I got no idea what happened. Since that day...everything's changed.

<A Few Days Ago>

Me:
Bye Mom!

Mom:
Watch out on your way to school, dear.

Me:
Why? Is something up?

Mom:
They said there's a protest. I heard on the news this morning.

Me:
The school didn't said anything. It should be fine.

Mom:
You're right. They'd have called if something was up. Better get ready for work then.

Me:
Oh, I almost forgot, mom

Mom:
What is it, hun?

Me:
Let's go for dinner tonight. Some place nice!

Mom:
Sure, it's been a while since we ate out.

Protest? No way!

<Present>

It's taken the government too long to make the announcement about the unknown virus. That there is some kind of epidemic...

And if you get infected, you turn into this blood-thirst zombie. The infected are mentally dead but still physically functioning. They are undead.

And they prey on innocent people dominated by their killer instinct. I almost got killed myself, too. It's still very dangerous out here.

The pungent smell of the rotting body...the cloudy eyes...It's all extremely terrifying. I wish it was all a bad dream.

So far, I've learned that...First, you get infected by direct contact with their blood or saliva. Even the smallest bite can turn you into a flesh-eating beast.

Me:
It's horrible just even to think about. I never wanna become one.

Second, symptoms arise within an hour of infection. And finally, the most devastating fact is that it's origin and treatment are still unknown.

So basically, things are not looking good. I just have to stick it out as long as I can until someone finds treatment.

I'm afraid of death. But I'm also afraid of being alone. I'm becoming more skeptical about the future.

I wonder what happened to other people. I haven't seen one soul since I faced a zombie for the first time on the way to school.

I hope my mom and friends are okay. Where are they...?

Me:
(Sighs)

I've spent all day running away from zombies. I wanna go home. I know I can't, though.

I've been hiding in empty houses. Moving from one place to another every day like a nomad. How long will I have to do this?