「Episode 15」

Next morning by the staircase, the three of us have just finished our patrols and gathered here. We're planning on going to the basement.

Yonghee:
Your patrols went well?

Seunghun:
Yup.

For me...not quite.

<Flashback>

Hyunsuk:
Gowon, how come you're coming out of Y/n's classroom?

Gowon:
Uh...umm...I was just...

Ryujin:
What's wrong? Were you two plotting a massacre or something? This is just mad. Look out for yourself, Gowon. You might be the next 'Yiren' before you know it.

Gowon:
I'm really not interested in your biased opinions, Ryujin!

Jihyo:
Not again...

I think Gowon's now on Ryujin's 'avoid at all cost' list with me. In the end, it was Jihyo who had to take Ryujin on patrol.

Gowon looked pretty upset but when she saw me, she smiled for me. Maybe she's okay with me now...I am a bit relieved.

<Present>

Seunghun:
Too bad we couldn't get hold of the flashlight.

Yonghee:
Yeah, I know.

Seunghun:
Well, I guess we won't need one since you said the lights work down there.

Me:
Yeah, but that is what's so strange.

Seunghun:
We'll go find out then! Let's get moving!

Yonghee:
Watch out for yourselves and let's do this!

We walk down the stairs very quietly but not too slowly...I feel something's just not right.

Me:
...The lights are off.

Seunghun:
You didn't turn them off when you left?

Me:
No, I didn't. I mean, I couldn't.

Yonghee:
That means someone's definitely been here before us.

Seunghun:
...

Silence fall. This is serious.

-----

I try to remember where the switch was. As soon as I find it, I click it on.

Seunghun:
Wow, it really does work!

Me:
I told you.

Seunghun:
I know but...I just can't believe it.

Yonghee:
Shh...

We walk a but further into the back of the hallway where the boxes were. They're neatly piled up.

Me:
...This is where I found it. The hairpin.

Seunghun walks to the boxes and takes a quick look into some of them on top. Nothing special there.

Yonghee:
Looks like there are quite a few rooms to check out here.

We spread out and try all the doorknobs. I'm not surprised to find they're all locked - even the one I checked yesterday.