「Episode 9」

Ryujin:
Say it right now!

Ryujin flips out on me again.

Ryujin:
I know you did it! Admit it and get the heck out of here right this second!

She points outside as she shouts. I don't really get it. We were all just having fun and everything's changed in seconds. I rewind the time and try to figure out what's happened.

<Flashback>

Seunghun brags about what happened at the mall and Hyunsuk laughs at his bluffing. Felix listens to their conversation in the corner, chuckling occasionally. Ryujin seems to be in a pretty good mood, which's very unusual for her. Jinyoung quietly watches others talk as usual. Yonghee playfully interrupts Seunghun.

I also pay attention to Seunghun's story. But then, every so often, my eyes meet with Byounggon and I can't help feeling a little shy. Moments later, our little chit-chat time is over and it gets quite dark outside.

Everyone starts heading back to their classrooms and gets ready to sleep. I particularly like this communal area---it's kinda like a family room for all of us.

But what I really like about this room is...how it still feels like a real classroom---full of kids chatting and hanging out together.

It feels as though I've gone back to the time before the virus outbreak. Maybe I'll stay here for a bit and reminisce.

Ryujin:
...

Oh, shoot. I didn't know she was still here. There's only two of now in the classroom. And that makes me feel all nervous again.

Me:
Good night, Ryujin.

I decide to go to my room and open the door. As soon as I take a step out...

Me:
Hey!

I'm dragged back into the classroom. It's Ryujin, again. She walks past me and aggressively closes the door. The door bangs hard.

Me:
What are you doing?

I can't let this one go this time. I scowl at her. She scoffs and pushes me to the wall. She looks awfully frustrated and angry.

Ryujin:
You were in my room, weren't you?

Me:
I'm sorry but I don't even know which classroom you're at.

Ryujin:
You know, there's one thing I noticed about you from the very beginning...that you're a frigging liar!

She scoffs again.

<Present>

Me:
What are you talking about?

Ryujin:
Just give me it.

Me:
Give you what? Are asking me for food again?

Ryujin:
No, I'm talking about what you stole from me. I know you went through my bag!

Me:
What? That's totally not true!

Ryujin:
Oh yeah, right! Remember that day when you kept whining about your chapped lips? You left the classroom alone for a while. And then that night, my lip balm was gone. How do you explain that?