「Episode 12」

Although, this isn't the first time patrolling out of the campus for me...I have never been this nervous. The fact that I'm on a very important mission to find Yiren is overwhelming. Plus, the big baby who keeps whining is not making things any easier.

As we move along the empty street, we check for any place Yiren could be hiding. It's not easy. It's a very draining job...because we have to do this while we also make sure we're not visible to the zombies.

Hyunsuk:
Okay, so far, we've found one bag of frozen perogies.

Me:
They are as hard as rocks. Maybe we can use them as weapons.

Hyunsuk:
Please tell me you're kidding. We've been out longer than usual and all we found is this. There's nothing left here.

Byounggon:
Shh. Keep it down. Let's make one more stop and head back.

Me:
How about that one over there?

I point to a building across the street. On the half-torned banner reads 'Stationery'.

Felix:
I don't care. Let's just make it quick. I'm so sick of this area now. We've been here like a million times.

Hyunsuk:
I never thought I'd agree with you.

Me:
It doesn't look so big. It won't take too long.

-----

Byounggon:
Hmm...I didn't expect to see loads of stuff but...it's too empty...

Hyunsuk:
Yeah, looks like we're too late. It must have been a sweet day for whoever got here first.

Felix:
Then let's all head back to school!

Byounggon:
If you're not gonna help us with the search, maybe you can be on the watch by the entrance.

Felix:
Fine.

Felix stomps his feet and goes to the entrance. I keep searching in the store. There seems to be quite a few places to hide in here. I look thoroughly between the isles and under the shelves. But...no sign of Yiren.

Guess I'll just grab some things to bring back. I walk around and check each shelf with my backpack open. But nothing seems to be worth taking. I find a small sewing kit and put it in my bag.

Me:
I don't think there's much to bring back here...

I zip up my bag and walk over to Hyunsuk who's staring at something.

Me:
What are you looking at there?

Hyunsuk:
The claw crane. I was just looking at the prizes.

Hyunsuk waves at me to come and look.

Hyunsuk:
Wanna take a look for yourself?

Me:
It's not for looking, it's for playing! Gimme one sec.

I check the pockets in my bag. I always carry some changes there.

Hyunsuk:
What? Looking for changes? Hey, if I wanted the prizes, I'd have just cracked it open and taken them. Forget it.