「Episode 17」

I can smell the rotting flesh from distance away. It's so yucky I'm about to faint. But...what I'm most afraid is...It's demonic eyes preying on me.

I can't just die here like this. I wonder where Ryujin is...It slowly move towards me. I take a step back very carefully as not to make any noise. But...

Zombie:
GRRRR!

It detects me and starts moving faster. I'm paralysed with fear. This can't be it for me...! I start sprinting in the opposite direction.

I can't breathe. My chest hurts. No...I can't lose it now...Just then, the storage room ahead is caught in my eyes.

I remember talking about it with the guys and that it's also locked. All I can count is this! I grab the key in my pocket.

Zombie:
GRRRR...

The zombie is getting closer. I aim the key at the keyhole in the doorknob. And I try pushing it in. But because of my shaking hands, I can't make it in.

It keeps hitting the sides of the doorknob. Come on...come on...It's approaching. I try one last time. BASH!

Byounggon:
Are you okay?

Me:
Byounggon!

The zombie is struck out of nowhere and collapses. And I see is Byounggon standing right before my eyes. He's got a piece of lumber in his hand. He must have used it to attack the zombie.

Just then, the key unlocks the door. The key was for the storage room!

Me:
Byounggon, look! It was the storage room!

Byounggon:
That's great! We can come back with the rest of the guys and- oh shoot!

It's a bunch of zombies rushing this way.

Byounggon:
Let's get inside. Quick!

Byounggon grabs my hand and rushes into the storage room.

Byounggon:
Oh, shoot! Lock the door!

I immediately lock the door behind us. I can hear the zombies banging against the door as they crash. I shiver at the noise outside.

Me:
Do you think we're safe in here?

Byounggon:
Don't worry.

But the banging continues outside. I just nod.

Byounggon:
You know what...

He has the most soothing voice. But what he says next is not what I expected.

Byounggon:
The zombies are very sensitive to noises but...Surprisingly, they tend to depend on their sight when they move. I guess that's from when they used to be humans, huh?

He sounds pretty cynical. What does he mean by the 'when they used to humans'? Puzzled and confused, I ask him.

Me:
How do you know?

Byounggon:
I had an experiment done not too long ago.

Me:
An experiment?

Byounggon:
Yes. I was curious.

Me:
...