「Episode 14」

Yonghee's warm smile calms me down.

Me:
So, Yonghee. How do you wanna do this?

Yonghee:
The boxes...you didn't find them by yourself. We all went to the basement together and found them.

Me:
...But...that'd be lying.

Seunghun:
Yeah, you wanna lie to the guys?

Yonghee:
I know it's a lie. But if we tell the truth, people are gonna keep suspecting you. Like what happened earlier, remember? No one's gonna want to hear what actually has happened or who you really are.

Seunghun:
I see what you mean. I mean you were down in the basement by yourself and that's enough for them to suspect you. Should we just completely leave her out then?

Yonghee:
No, the perfect lies always start with 1% of the truth.

Seunghun looks quite surprised by what Yonghee's just said.

Yonghee:
I'm not too happy about lying myself. But to be honest...I don't think it's an intruder. Sorry, I know it's really not like me to say something like that.

Seunghun:
It's alright. Actually, now I can see this more clearly. Like...I understand how serious this is.

Seunghun scratches his head and turns to me.

Seunghun:
By the way, did you have a flashlight?

Yonghee:
Why are you talking about a flashlight all of a sudden?

Seunghun:
Well, we're talking about the basement. It must be really dark down there.

Me:
Oh, that's another thing...

Seunghun:
What is?

Me:
The power's not down in the basement.

Seunghun:
What? Is this for real? How is that even possible?

Yonghee:
This is really strange.

Yonghee ponders for a moment.

Seunghun:
Man...this is more than serious. Whatever this is, we have to really watch out for it. It's definitely not gonna be an easy fight.

Yonghee:
Right. So, I was thinking...

Yonghee puts his head up and suggests.

Yonghee:
Maybe we can all go down there and do a quick search ourselves.

Me:
That's not like you, Yonghee.

Yonghee:
I know but...

Yonghee laughs awkwardly.

Yonghee:
I gotta do what I gotta do, if it's necessary. I just feel like I need to find out before my suspicion grows.

He's right. Yonghee probably changed his mind about this whole thing given the circumstances.

Me:
...Oh, I see. Sorry, if I offended you.

Yonghee:
No, you didn't. Don't worry about it. One thing for sure is that I can't do this alone. Will you guys come with me?