「Episode 4」

Yiren:
Okay, here we are!

So this is the classroom we'll be staying in. All I see is the chairs and desks pushed back to make room in the middle, but it's more than enough for me...because I'm not alone anymore. I won't have to be afraid. Yiren stands by me patting my back to comfort me.

Yiren:
You must've been so scared all by yourself.

Me:
It wasn't that bad. I'm fine.

Yiren:
Hey, I'm your friend. You can tell me. You don't have to keep it to yourself anymore.

Me:
...Yiren, I'm just so glad that I met you here.

Yiren:
Me too...Look at you. Your face is covered in ash.

Yiren takes out a small piece of fabric and wipes my cheek.

Yiren:
You did a good job putting out that fire back there.

Me:
I'm still in a little bit of shock.

Yiren:
I know, right? I mean, who would have thought there was a lighter in there? It's weird none of us ever spotted it before. We would've definitely put it to use.

Me:
I didn't know a lighter explosion could be that destructive.

Yiren:
Yeah...it was a big explosion. It kinda doesn't make sense.

Me:
Hmm...

It was too big of an explosion for such a small lighter. But I decide not to say anything about it as I don't want to worry Yiren.

Me:
But then, everything that's been happening doesn't make any sense.

Yiren:
You're right. Everything.

She looks at me and smiles. I'm too happy to see her I almost forgot how exhausted I am. We spend quite some time catching up.

She tells me how she's made it here. She also tells me the name of people here I haven't met. Now I know everyone's name. I can't believe how peaceful this moment is.

BANG!

We are both alarmed by the sudden noise. The door slams open and in comes...

Ryujin:
Hey, you!

Yiren:
Don't you know how to knock?

Ryujin:
Oh, knock my ass. This doesn't concern you, it's her I want.

She points at me with a nasty sneer.

Ryujin:
I need to talk to you.

Yiren:
Now? Can't you do it tomorrow?

Yiren interrupts. She sounds annoyed.

Me:
It's okay, Yiren.

Yiren:
Not with me! She's only doing this to bug you.

Ryujin:
Do you like need everyone here to speak for you? Why can't you speak for yourself once?

Me:
I'll be fine, Yiren. It'll just be a minute.

Ryujin:
Oh, who says it'll only be a minute?

Yiren:
I'll come with you.