「Episode 6」

I need something thin enough to stick in the crack of the door. I search for some useful tools around the classroom.

Yiren:
What are you doing?

Yiren looks at me worried.

Me:
I can't just sit and wait around...

I squeeze myself into the pile of chairs  and desks. If something were to be hidden somewhere, it has to be in here.

There's gotta be something useful in those drawers. I put my hand in one and go through it. All I catch are balls of dust. I take my hand out and try the next one.

Me:
Huh?

Something solid...and think is caught in my hand. I grab and take it out. It's and L-shaped metal ruler. Perfect!

Yiren:
What you got there?

I wave the metal ruler above my head.

Yiren:
That's just a ruler.

I shake the dust off my hands and walk over to the door. Yiren seems doubtful but decides to watch me try.

I stick the ruler between the door and the door frame. I wiggle the end of the ruler until it hits whatever that's been stopping the door from opening.

Yiren:
Is it working?

I give her a nod and continue shaking the ruler in the door.

Me:
There's...something...in there...but I can't...get it...

I try poking, swirling and finally pushing it real hard. WHAM! Something hits the floor on the other side of the door. I quickly pull the ruler out and give the door a push.

Me:
Please...!

WHOOSH! It opens.

Yiren:
Yay!!

Yiren excitedly runs out to the hallway. I follow her taking extra caution. Fortunately, there's nothing dangerous in the hallway.

Yiren:
So this is what was blocking the door?

My eyes follow where Yiren points. I see a wood panel lying on the floor.

Yiren:
How did this even get here?

Ryujin's face crosses my mind. No...she can't have done this...

Me:
It was probably just here all along. You think everyone else's still asleep?

Yiren:
...I don't know.

<1-C>

The main classroom---is also used for meetings. This is where I first met everyone. Some of the guys are already here. It doesn't look too distant from our room...how come nobody heard us before?

I try to avoid the terrible thoughts that were going through my mind. I look out the window and see the shadows of zombies over the fences.

Gowon:
Hey, what are you thinking about?

Gowon walks over to me and also notices the shadows outside.

Gowon:
They used to be our neighbours...we probably crossed our paths...