「Ending: Hyunsuk」

Seunghun:
Come on, you guys! Run!!

Gowon:
Wh-where?

We're all in panic. We've never expected to face them in here. Though we'd occasionally spot one or two lurking outside, there has never been any sign of immediate threats from them. That's how safe this place has been.

Zombie:
GRRRRR!!

Gowon:
AHHHH!!

Me:
Gowon!! No!

While we try to comprehend the situation, Gowon is dragged into the horde.

Seunghun:
I'll take care of it here! You guys ru- Ahhh!

With the metal stick he's always carried, Seunghun hurls at the zombies. But he's quickly surrounded by them and the zombies jump on him.

Me:
Seunghun!!

That's when, somebody grabs my hand and pulls me away.

Me:
No!! They're still-

Hyunsuk:
Come on! You wanna let youself get killed here?

It's Hyunsuk. He doesn't look like the playful Hyunsuk that I know. He seems calmer than I'd expect. But I still see his eyes is fear.

Me:
I can't go now! I have to help them! We can't just leave them behind like that!

Hyunsuk:
It's too late...

He stops me in a toneless voice. It doesn't really sound like him. I turn to see his face and even the look on his face is different than usual.

He's like a different person now. But there's no time for this. I need to go save my friends. I start running back.

Hyunsuk:
Gosh! Please don't!

He raises his voice and grabs my arm. I've never heard him raise his voice at me like that. He's always been more of the whining type.

Hyunsuk:
It's over. Going back...to those demons...it's like suicide! Don't you get it? You wanna get killed? Is that what you want? I...I don't wanna lose you. I want us to get out of here safely. Why can't you do that?

Me:
.....

Hyunsuk continues in a brittle voice. Then he sighs as he rubs his face. I stand confused as I have never seen Hyunsuk like this before.

My heart is saying I have to go back to the guys and help them. But for some reason, I'm just standing staring at him. I'm not sure why I'm hesitant. But I feel like I can't leave Hyunsuk like this.

Hyunsuk:
...I'm sorry. You're probably thinking I'm too selfish. Maybe you're disappointed, I know. But, you gotta face the reality here...you need to live, too.

Me:
But Hyunsuk, our friends are still-

Hyunsuk:
They're dead. And is that your fault?

I have no words. I just have my head down staring at the tip of my shoes. Then, Hyunsuk gently rubs my head.

Hyunsuk:
Alright, hear me out.

Me:
About what?

Hyunsuk:
I'll be the bad guy. You got dragged here by me. You wanted to go back and help them but I totally ignored it and just took you here.