「Critical」

I'm back in the school...standing in the dark hallway by the entrance. It's dead silent in here.

...So, this is it for us. We're finally leaving here. I'm hopeful thinking about the Safe Zone.

And suddenly everything here looks different. Lots of things have happened here. I almost got locked in my classroom...and got chased by something I still have no clue what it was.

But once we're out of here, we're all gonna be safe. I just really hope that I can meet the friends who went missing here. If only I could see them and tell them how worried I was...

Suddenly, Ryujin's last day crosses my mind. She was found in her classroom drenched in her own blood. To this date, no one knows what happened to her.

We don't know where Jihyo is either...and Yiren. What happened to Yiren? Where could she be?

Thinking about them makes my heart ache. But I gotta stay strong...and make it to the safe zone. There, no one will have to be afraid anymore.

Everything's going to be fine. We can even hope for a better future. This dangerous world will come to an end soon.

Me:
I should head back to the classroom!

All I hear in the hallway is my own footsteps. As I walk down the hallway, I take a quick glance inside each classroom.

It's quite dark inside without any lights. The empty hallway...

Me:
.....

All of a sudden, I get goosebumps. I definitely have had this feeling before. Actually, this feels worse than before. I'm completely on my own now.

I start walking faster, wishing I was already in the classroom with the guys. But that's when...someone grabs my arm and drags me into one of the classroom.

Me:
!!!!!

It happens so quickly I can't even scream. I struggle but it's grabbing on to me too hard.

Me:
No...!

The door closes behind me. My heart's pounding faster.

Me:
Who are you?

?:
.....

Me:
Why are you doing this to me?

No answer. Instead, the shadow slowly approaches me. It's still hard to tell who it is because of the darkness.

I'm terrified...as the dark shadow...gets closer to me. I'm sure that this is the one that chased me down that time.

Me:
Then...did you...

I almost can't say it. I take a deep breath and ask again.

Me:
Are you the one who killed Ryujin?

?:
.....

He smiles. I can feel him smiling...although I can't see him. But it's strange how that smile is awfully familiar.

Me:
Please answer me.

?:
It's pointless.

The shadow is getting closer very slowly. I try to step backward but the desks are blocking me.

Me:
What do you mean?

?:
Exactly what I said. Why can't you understand?

He avoids answering the question again. He just keeps saying whatever he wants. My legs are shaking.

I have no idea what's gonna happen to me. All I know is I must get out of this classroom.

?:
Why are you taking the hard way? I'll make it easy for you. I'll protect you. Isn't that enough?

The hard way...? Does he mean the Safe Zone.

?:
Ask me to help you then I will.

Me:
I don't need your help!

I don't wanna hear it anymore and I step on his foot as hard as I can.

?:
Ow!

He drops. I can't think of anything else. I rush to the door.

?:
Where do you think you're going?

Me:
Ahh!

He grabs my ankle and I fall. He starts to drag me closer to him. Oh no...is this it for me? I keep struggling to get out.

I see a baseball bat not too far away from my reach. I grab the baseball bat. There's no time. I swing it at him as hard as I can.

?:
You're gonna regret this.

I rush myself out to the hallway. And I keep running without looking back. The sun's already up.

Yonghee:
Here you are!

Me:
Yonghee!

Yonghee:
I've been looking for you! Where have you been? Is everything okay?

Me:
.....

I'm shivering in fear. Should I tell him what just happened? What would he say? Would that make me feel better?

I contemplate for a bit but soon decide not to tell him. We're leaving here soon...nd things will be better when we get to the Safe Zone.

I take a deep breath and tell him.

Me:
Yup. It's all good. I was just scared of walking alone in the dark hallway.

Yonghee:
I'm here now. You don't have to be scared anymore.

I feel relieved. I'm glad he's with me.

Me:
Thanks, Yonghee.

Yonghee:
Come on, everyone's waiting.

We're at the bottom of the stairs. My legs feel like they weigh a ton. I grab his arm and slowly walk up the stairs.

Me:
.....

Suddenly, what that shadow guy said crosses my mind. I'll regret? Regret what? I shake my head to stop thinking about it.

I'm just glad I got hold of the poster. Now I can convince the guys to leave this creepy place.

We both head to 1-C.