「Episode 10」

Byounggon:
I know there's no meeting tonight, but...I've asked you all here because there's something important to discuss.

Something important...I know it's about Yiren and I don't feel good about this.

Seunghun:
Hey, it's past our bedtime.

Jihyo:
What is it?

Yonghee:
Did something happen?

Hyunsuk:
...

I guess it's also pretty hard for Hyunsuk since Yiren's his partner.

Byounggon:
Yiren's been missing since the patrol this morning. Has anyone seen her?

Seunghun:
Not me.

Gowon:
You know what? She's usually pretty loud but I haven't heard her today.

No one has seen her. Except for me...but I only saw her this morning when we exchanged greetings. Ryujin snaps at me again.

Ryujin:
I knew this would happen. I told you there's something suspicious about her.

Felix:
Maybe she ran away?

Me:
No, she didn't tell me anything about running away.

Felix:
Do you usually let people know before you run away?

Me:
No! I mean she wouldn't do anything to make people worry. She's just not like that!

Ryujin:
Then how come you have no idea where she went?

I clench my teeth. Yiren, where are you?

Ryujin:
Ever since you came here, all these weird things are happening. You know that? This is all because of you!

I'm standing with my head down not knowing what to say to Ryujin's accusation. She's right. Strange things have been happening around here. But how about what I experienced? How can anyone explain those?

Yonghee:
Hey! This isn't the time for any arguments! Fighting doesn't solve the problem.

Ryujin:
I could fight her out of this group.

Yonghee:
Will you cut it out? We're talking about a missing person here.

Ryujin:
Geez...I know. But you guys are missing something here. Who is Yiren's roommate? Anyone remember? Hmm?

And awkward silence fills the classroom. I feel people looking at me.

Gowon:
Uh...

Seunghun:
You're saying she's behind this? Hahaha!

Seunghun cracks up as if he has just heard the funniest joke.

Hyunsuk:
Why would someone who loves being with other people hurt their own friend?

Yonghee:
Yeah, I don't see any reason and I don't wanna suspect anyone without reasonable justification.

Jihyo:
We can't just pin it on her while there are so many other possibilities to explain Yiren's disappearance.

Jinyoung:
(Nods)

Ryujin scrunches her face. When she's about to say something, Byounggon interrupts her.

Byounggon:
We could start the search now but...I'm afraid it's too dark outside and I can't have any one of us take chances.