「Critical」

I blink my eyes slowly. It's completely dark and quiet here.

Me:
Argh...

I try clenching my fists to see if I can move my fingers. I feel them moving.

Me:
Thank goodness I'm alive!

But it's too soon to feel relieved. I start to recall what just happened. Someone definitely pushed me from behind. And that's how I fell down the stairs and ended up here.

And just before I fell down...I heard something breaking. And immediately I got pushed down the stairs. I clearly remember the force against my back, my body losing control and finally, Felix's face. I truly hope it wasn't him.

Me:
I'd better talk with him when I get back up there.

But it's not gonna be as easy as I hope. Every inch of my body is sore. I feel dizzy and my eyes are getting blurry. I can't really feel my arms and legs.

The only good thing is that this place seems empty and I don't hear anything. I probably have made quite some noise falling down the stairs.

Fortunately, I don't see any zombies and this place might be pretty safe. But there's no guarantee how things can change all of a sudden. I slowly pull myself up.

Me:
(Coughs) It's too dusty here.

I wipe my nose with my sleeve and keep looking around. I can't really see anything because it's too dark in here. The only lighting is from the entrance at the top of the stairs I just fell down. The guys must be still up there.

Me:
Hey, you guys! I'm down here! Can you hear me?

I shout as hard as I can. But nothing comes back. I hope they didn't just leave me here. My heart starts beating hard as I get more scared.

I hear some kind of a tapping noise from a distance. It's hard to make out what it is, though. But I can't just sit here and do nothing. The guys must be looking for me outside. I don't think I'm hurt badly. No broken bones...

Me:
Thank goodness! I don't even wanna imagine...

I shake my head and step on my right foot. As soon as my foot touches the ground,

Me:
Ouch!

I crumple onto the floor in deadly pain. I must have sprained my ankle when I fell down the stairs.

Me:
Geez...

Can it get any worse? I barely help myself up by holding onto a piece of furniture near me. As my eyes adjust to the darkness, I start to see things more clearly. And it doesn't look good.

There are furniture and debris everywhere. The counter is covered in splashes of blood. The wall shelves have all been fallen off. The fridge is completely destroyed with nothing left inside. The food must have been taken by other survivors.

I look around the counter to see if there is anything to eat. If I could only find something...anything...even just a bottle of water would do.

Me:
(Sighs) Nothing...

Should I go check the rooms? The menus can be used as fuels. I might be able to find more useful stuff. I turn to the hallway and look at the doors to the rooms. The dark hallway gives out a spooky vibe.