「Critical」

The next morning. We're searching the town today.

Gowon:
...

She looks scared. I know what Gowon is afraid of.

Byounggon:
Let's split into two groups--one goes out for search and the other stays in school. Tell me your preference. I'll factor that in.

As soon as my eyes meet with Gowon, she quickly turns away. She bites her lip out of fear. Hyunsuk sees her and yells at her.

Hyunsuk:
Would you stop that? What you're doing is starting to get to everyone, you know that?

Gowon startles. I feel like I need to step in.

Me:
Don't talk to her like that, Hyunsuk.

Hyunsuk:
I didn't say anything wrong.

Me:
You can watch your tone. We're having a meeting here.

Hyunsuk:
Geez...Here we go with the nagging again.

Hyunsuk whines scratching his head.

Hyunsuk:
Fine. Fine...Gowon.

Gowon:
...

Hyunsuk:
I'm sorry.

Gowon:
...No, it's okay.

I think Gowon glimpsed at me. It's not like I wasn't offended by Gowon's behaviour. But I don't want anymore conflicts in the group.

Byounggon:
Alright, everyone. Let's get to our meeting. So, who's volunteering for the town search?

Me:
Uh...me?

Jihyo:
Then Gowon and I will stay in school.

I guess Jihyo understands how much Gowon doesn't wanna stay with me.

Seunghun:
Then I'll go-

Byounggon:
Seunghun.

Seunghun:
Yeah?

Byounggon:
Can you stay this time? We need someone strong to stay behind when Jinyoung and I are gone.

Seunghun:
Well, if you ask me. I guess that's what I'll do.

Jihyo:
Yonghee, you're also going with them?

Yonghee:
Oh, okay. I'll go, too.

Byounggon:
That does it then. Me, Y/n, Jinyoung and Yonghee--the four of us will be out for the town search. And Gowon, Jihyo, Hyunsuk and Seunghun will stay and guard the school.

I don't know what it is...but something feels eerie...

Byounggon:
Now, let's all take a look at the map here.

And my train of thoughts ends there as Byounggon drives my attention to the map.

Byounggon:
Right here is where we'll begin our search then we go all the way to the station. It's quite a long route so be sure to be on the lookout the whole time.

Jinyoung:
(Nods)

Byounggon:
See if you find any drinking water.