23 (fluff, smut)

I fidget on the couch between Nora and Sofia. I keep checking the time, knowing Tank will be showing up soon.

'text me when you're here, so I can bring out my bag and walk you in.' 6:55 pm

I send Tank the text. It's been a regular couple days, now that communication between me and him has opened up, our conversation never really tapered off. I know I saw him just Tuesday morning, and it's only Thursday night, but I have butterflies from my excitement to see him again.

I'm sitting, nearly vibrating with nerves, hardly watching what's on T.V. when I finally get the text.

Tank
New Message

'Here.' 7:01 pm

I shift on the couch, moving to get up. Nora watches, face curling into a knowing smile.

"He's here." I say, then point a finger between Nora and Sofia, "Don't be fucking weird." I say. Nora pouts but Sofia furrows her brow.

"Bruh, when have I ever been weird?" Sofia says, turning both of her hands up in an expression of confusion. I sigh, dragging some shoes on as I grab my bag and head out the door.

Tank's already standing in the parking lot, strapped with his luggage. I stumble toward him, excited to get my hands on him. As soon as I'm close enough, he grabs my bag from me, hoisting it into his back seat with a single smooth motion. I wait, excitement burning as the slams the door shut, and locks his truck.

He turns to me and wraps me in a hug, lifting me into his arms. I laugh, giddy, as I hook my legs around his waist and latch on. "Me and the luggage? You're so strong..." I say, teasing, groping his bicep.

Tank snorts a laugh, but still flexes under my hand. He starts walking us toward the apartment when he freezes, swearing under his breath. "I forgot something, one second." He says, dropping me back down. I pout, unhappy to be out of his arms but stick to where I'm at.

Tank jogs to his truck, pulling the door open. He only takes just a moment. When he pulls back and turns my heart skips a beat. It looks like he's holding a very small bouquet of flowers. As he strides toward me with a wide smile on his face I feel frozen. The closer he gets, I realize that each flower is individually wrapped.

Tank approaches, shyly ducking his head as I search his face. "I know we already kissed and made up but-" he presses a kiss to my forehead and pushes a single flower into my hands. My brain lags as I take it from him, flush high on my cheeks.

He smiles a toothy grin as I continue to gawk up at him, feeling out of place from the gesture. Tank sighs looking at the other few flowers in his hands. "I actually got one for everyone... I know I pissed your roommates and Elliott off too." He continues looking a little sheepish. "Is that weird? Do you think?" He asks.

I press closer to reassure him, despite the burning embarrassment in my stomach. "No, it's sweet. Nora did have to answer the phone for me that night. Though I have no idea what you guys said. Everyone really got stuck on clean-up duty." I reply.

Tank groans and sucks in a breath, "I really don't wanna talk about what I said. It wasn't good." He says. I smile into his chest, arms wrapping around him.

"Well I already forgave you at some point when I was between you and every surface in your house, but really, thank you, this is very sweet." I say, nuzzling against his chest. I can feel him laugh underneath of me before I pull back and step forward, leading him in. It's these moments where he's so kind and bashful, that remind me why I like to pry the roughness out of him. Also why I love him but—