Great to know more about you.

I plopped down in a black chair while Varian sat down in a red one. I was shocked that he was going to sit down and have a conversation with me, since he had such a bad day earlier.

"So, what do you want to know?" Varian questions as he leans back in his beanbag chair.

"How's your sleep schedule?"

"Terrible."

"How did you get that streak in your hair?"

"That's still unknown to me."

"Did you have a pet that was called squirrel and it was a turtle?"

"What is that question Y/n-"

"A cat named Zebra?"

"These questions are now getting ridiculous."

"When did you start doing alchemy?"

"When I was eleven."

"That's pretty young."

"I guess."

"Have you ever gotten whiplash?"

"Yep."

"Do you ever wonder how the future is going to be like?"

"All the time."

"Would you ever consider getting a Mohawk?"

"Definitely not."

I kept asking the boy questions and he always answered with a twist. He's a person that I just could never predict. But in a good way. We kept asking the other questions and it felt like us two had known each other for so long. We both heard a knock on the door and we jumped and let out a yelp. Eugene was just silently standing there in the doorway.

"Care to explain what's going on here?" Eugene asks with annoyance in his tone. Varian and I exchanged confused glances.

"What were you two doing?" Eugene asks raising his right eyebrow.

"We were just asking each other questions since we couldn't do that yesterday to your childish behaviors, G-bug." Varian taunted the former-thief.

"I'm sorry...G-bug?!" I snorted while putting my fist by your mouth trying to hold back my laughter.

"Yeah, when we were trying to find the blueprints of Demanitus, Rapunzel tried giving Eugene a nickname and that came out. We keep making fun of him for it. I mean, it's what he deserves after acting like a five year old."

"I'm going to make fun of you so much now." I chuckled. Eugene looked like he was offended and walked out the door sticking a not so nice finger up at us. I sigh, apologizing to Varian about Eugene. He said that it was fine and just shrugged it off.

"You know I'm wondering what Eugene thought we were doing." You question. At this point, you didn't want to know. The room was silent for a couple minutes and you needed to break the awkward atmosphere. So you just blurted out, "Do you want to go for a walk in the Royal Gardens?" You cover your mouth.

"Did you really just say that?"

"Nice blurting out."

Varian first looked at you in confusion. But his lips cracked into a smile and looked straight into your e/c eyes.

"Sure! But when?" Varian asks. You twiddle your thumbs.

"Right now?" Varian agrees and takes your hand out the door. Blood rushes to your face and luckily Varian didn't notice, but he did see Rapunzel in the hallway.

"Y/n! Quick, in there!" I was about to question him, but he just ran into a cleaning closet while grabbing my arm and shutting the door. The closet was way too small, that you could feel Varian's breath on your face and were inches away from each other.

"Well, this isn't awkward." You whisper-yell. Varian covers your mouth with his hand as you see Rapunzel walking past the closet. As soon as she's out of sight, you walk out of the closet and sigh while looking away. You sped-walked down the hall as your face was red as blood. Varian ran to catch up with you.

"Y/n, whats wrong?" Varian asked while tilting my head.

"I'm just sort of confused, that's all. But other than that, I'm perfectly fine." I answered.

"Are you sure?" Varian asked, tilting his head slightly. "You've been acting kind of weird all day." It was just about how my mother would have never treated me kindly in this way that I wasn't use to it.

"I'm sure. Don't worry about it." I gave a small smile and grabbed Varian's gloved hand.

𝚅𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚊𝚗'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅:

We've just reached the garden and she started skipping while grabbing my hand. Thank goodness I was wearing my alchemy gloves, because my hands were sweating while butterflies were battling each other with swords in my stomach. Y/n found us a bench in the garden to sit at. The place was filled with flowers and beautiful butterflies. Not like the ones in my stomach. Thank goodness I took my allergy medications before this, because if I didn't, I would have been sneezing my nose off. The wind started coming in and her hair was flowing. I'm going to be honest, she looked pretty cute.

"Wow, the flowers have so many beautiful colors!" She noticed some dandelions in the corner of her eye. I smiled, knowing that she's going to steal one.

"Varian! It's some dandelions!" She exclaims.

"Y/n, you are not taking one." She frowns and crosses her arms. I felt bad, especially since she was pouting. As she turned away from me, I pick a dandelion and put it behind her ear. She smiled and gave me a thank you. Y/n kept looking at the flowers around her. She was putting me in a trance. Her hair was flying in the wind and her e/c eyes were shining in the sunlight. Her dress was twirling around and she looked...well, perfect. Wait a minute. What am I thinking?!

𝙔𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙋𝙊𝙑:

Varian was looking around at the flowers that he was too busy knowing that there was a butterfly on his head. I waved my hand in front of his face.

"Earth to Varian?" He jumped back by being caught by surprise. Does he get that easily distracted?

"Sorry, I was distracted. It's just that the flowers are really colorful." He said while scratching the back of his neck. He looked up at his goggles, seeing a monarch butterfly on top. He got the butterfly down with his finger.

"Hey little fella? How did you get up there?" He exclaimed, letting the butterfly go. Everything was going perfect, until I saw a bee. I grabbed Varian's arm and ran back inside. I didn't have time to explain, but I quickly shut the door to the gardens and dashed inside the castle. I dramatically fell onto the floor panting.

"What on earth happened?" Varian yelled with a confused look on his face.

"Bees."

"Bees? Y/n, they're harmless. They only sting you if you bother them."

"I almost stepped on one, we could have gotten stung!" I scolded at the alchemist. I swear that guy has no fears.

"Maybe we shouldn't go outside anymore."