𝗘𝘂𝗴𝗲𝗻𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗖𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝘀𝗻𝗶𝗳𝗳𝗲𝗿

𝗔𝗡: 𝘆𝗲𝘀 𝗶 𝗱𝗶𝗱 𝘂𝘀𝗲 "𝗮 𝘀𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝘂𝗻𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀" 𝗿𝗲𝗳𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝗶𝗻 𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲, 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗴𝗼𝗻𝗻𝗮 𝗱𝗼 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗶𝘁-

TW: blood warning. *it isn't anything major, it was just a scratch.*
How many days until Cass leaves: three.

𝚅𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚊𝚗'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅:

I was pacing around my bedroom thinking about what happened with (Y/n) the other day.
'It didn't even seem real, it felt like a dream. But it was real, I felt it!' I thought to myself as I continued pacing. All of my thoughts were running through my head quickly like Rapunzel's Mega-Dry that she made at the expo a few years ago.

"I...she kissed me first. D-does that mean that she likes me? Are we even friends anymore? Oh what would dad even think? What would Rapunzel and Cassie think?! All I know is that Eugene would accept it, I mean he told me. You know, maybe I'm overreacting." I paused and took a second to hear the world. Birds were chirping, people were bickering in the streets and I heard the pots and pans clanging downstairs from my dad finishing up lunch.

I exhaled out my words, "You know, I was overreacting. Maybe everything will be fine after all." I told myself in the mirror. I was talking to myself. Great, I'm talking to myself about the situation. You know, maybe I wasn't overreacting. This is a disaster, I have to go back to the castle today to work on more projects. I ran my fingers through my hair and tried to calm down. My hands were shaking and I couldn't tell if it was from fear or excitement.

Either way I'll get over it. I'll just do what Eugene says to me every now and then. 'Suck it up buttercup.' Wonder why whoever made that quote used a buttercup.

𝘼𝙣 𝙃𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙇𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙧...

I finally got out of Old Corona and got to the castle. I may not even run into anyone today, I don't think I'll have to worry about anything.

"Alright, don't be awkward."

'Me? Awkward? Varian here is never awkward.' I lied in my thoughts. I grabbed my backpack by the straps and ran inside. That must have not been the best idea since two guards grabbed me by the arms whilst in mid-air with their gloved white hands. Once they actually saw my face, they placed me safely back on the ground.

The guards both bowed, "We are so sorry Mr. Varian, Sir. We thought you were an intruder at first." The guards said in unison and they both stepped away from the entrance and let me through. I saw a flash of black and grey in the corner of my eye. It was Ruddiger, who was running to catch up to me.

I kneeled down to my raccoon friends level and looked into his big teal eyes,"Come on buddy, I'll ask if you can have an apple inside the castle. Just don't steal any food or else I won't get you more apples from home, alright Ruddiger?" The raccoon nodded and curled up onto my shoulder while nuzzling his furry face into my neck. I got up from the floor and was about to speed back to the castle when I heard a familiar voice.

"Wow, you certainly act motherly." (Y/n) chortled as she softly tossed an apple to Ruddiger. My eyes widened in surprise, I didn't expect her to be here at the moment. What do I say? What do I do? Ruddiger leaped off me and caught the apple with his mouth while (Y/n) scratched Ruddigers head and dusted off her dress. I started whistling and staring down at my brown boots trying to avoid eye contact.

"So, yesterday. That was weird, huh?" I blurted, "It was certainly something." I chuckled as I kicked a small pebble. (Y/n) took a few steps forward while fidgeting with the bottom of her dress.