𝗙𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝘃𝗮𝗹: 𝗣𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝘁𝘄𝗼

Cassandra leaves tomorrow.
𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝗱 𝗣𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝗣𝗢𝗩

You both had reached where the festival was taking place. Everyone was already having an amazing time enjoying food, braiding each other's hair, dancing, and using chalk against the bricked floor. The weather was surprisingly gorgeous today. You could feel the warmth against your skin and breathe in that summer smell that reminded you of the smell of rain and nostalgia.

"So milady, what activity has grasped your attention in this fine summer's day?" Varian asked as he made a fancy bow. You chuckled at his fanciness but you honestly had no idea what to do first, there's so much to do in one day.

"What about making chalk art? I would say I have little experience at chalk myself, what about you?" You offered. Varian seemed unsure about it, but you have seen his art in his laboratory before, he's a great artist but he doesn't use it to his advantage.

"Alright fine." The alchemist gave in to you. "But on one condition though. I need any type of seeds. I'm finished with an invention that can help plants grow at a slightly faster pace and I need to test it out. So, it's a deal?" He held out his hand for you to shake. Rapunzel plants flowers all the time, getting seeds would be effortless.

"It's a deal Mad Scientist." You snickered as you shook his hand. Varian seemed slightly hurt at that comment. "Oh goodness gracious. Here we go." You braced yourself for a describable compare and contrast.

"Mad Scientists are insane or have unsettling personality traits. They use their experiments for things they shouldn't, making them more insane. An Alchemist is someone who transforms things for the better. And alchemy is technically the reason magic does not exist." Varian scoffed as he dramatically put his hands on his hips. You jokingly rolled your eyes and chuckled.

"Varian, I do know the difference. I was just teasing you, don't worry about that. Plus we can't get upset with each other. We're at a festival with food and activities, there isn't time for that. Now let's go buy some chalk!" You exclaimed as you dragged Varian alongside you. Varian yelped at the arm pulling, he thought his arm was going to detach like a doll.

While you were buying the chalk, you and Varian had a small disagreement. You were both offering to pay so you two made another deal. He buys the cupcakes, you buy the chalk and you both split the cost of anything else.

You started using your chalk on the floor, letting your imagination run free. Sweat formed on your forehead the more you worked but you didn't care. Your hands started to ache and turned into the color lavender with hints of pink at your fingers. But it would be worth it in the end. You stood up from your spot and backed up from your art as you wiped the sweat off your forehead. You made a portrait of you and Rapunzel releasing a lantern together with a purple backdrop. You looked over to Varian who made Rapunzel and Pascal watching the lanterns on a boat.

"Hey, you two! How's everything going so far?" Someone from behind asked. You and Varian whipped your heads around at the sudden sound to see Rapunzel smiling with her arm linked to Eugene's.

"Wow, you two! I didn't know you two were artists as well. You both should paint more often!" Rapunzel smiled as she inspected the chalk art. "I love this! Thank you two." Rapunzel thanked as she let her arms out for a group hug. You and Varian ran and sunk into her comforting arms for a moment until you both departed.

"Well you two, enjoy the festival! Stay safe, but I am watching you." Eugene threatened. Then he smiled and waved as he skipped around with Rapunzel, Maximus, and Pascal.

"(Y/n), should we be worried about what Eugene said?" Varian asked with a tone of fear in his voice.

"No. It's Eugene, he can't do much harm to some fifteen years olds." You shook with laughter as Varian joined in. Once the laughter started quieting down you both softly smiled at each other and your eyes connected. That's when you realized, this is real life. This is actually how life is and you're living in it. You're on a rock floating in space that has multiple universes and galaxies and stars. And here you are, right where you belong.