𝘿𝙞𝙣𝙣𝙚𝙧 𝙧𝙚𝙪𝙣𝙞𝙤𝙣

𝙌𝙪𝙞𝙘𝙠 𝙆𝙚𝙮- 𝙛/𝙛= 𝙛𝙖𝙫𝙤𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙚 𝙛𝙤𝙤𝙙

How many days until Cass leaves: seven.

"Hey, remember the first time we all sat down here? Cassandra, I need to tell you what happened here the first time! It was hilarious." Eugene laughed as he wiped away a fake tear from his eyes. Varian and I glared at Eugene as a sign to say that we didn't want the story shared.

"Aaand...never mind. That's a story for another time. Which I'll be telling on Blondie's birthday. Right after we release the lanterns." Eugene winked. Did he know about my plan? The only person I've told is...Raps. I won't even bring it up here since we know what's happened the last time we all sat down at a table to eat. I'll just mention it to her in private.

Catalina started giggling at the thought of the last reunion. "(Y/n), remember when we all embarrassed you and Varian here because we know that-"

"Please don't bring it up." I groan, putting my face in my hands to hide my pink cheeks. The Royal chefs arrived and served us some vegan chicken and some soup. Varian was fiddling with his spoon, wiggling it around with his fingers like a pencil.

"Are we just going to ignore what happened today? (Y/n) was traumatized by her "mother", got kidnapped and the castle almost got destroyed! And the fact that we almost died trying to save (Y/n) from the Saporians is just...insane. How did you guys do this everyday in a caravan?" Varian blabbered. I snickered. "What (Y/n)? Why are you laughing at something that almost got all of us killed?!" Varian scolded.

"You we're afraid something was going to happen to me." I teased. Varian raised a brow and gave me an 'obviously' look.

"Well yes (Y/n)...we all were." Varian rolled his eyes and started eating his soup. I punched Varian in the arm and he winced out an 'ouch!'

"Aw, you like me! That's so embarrassing for you." I chuckled. Everyone joined in on the laugh whilst Varian was staring down at his soup.

"Y-yeah..sure. Heh." Varian chuckled. I gave him a small smile and started talking to Lance, Eugene, and Cass to tell us stories about different chapters of their lives, with Cassandra adding some mean-but-in-a-nice-way comments. Rapunzel, Varian and Lance's kids were all goofing around and acting like unrelated siblings. I paused from talking and eating soup to take a better look at the moment. Everyone was laughing and having smiles on their faces acting like a family. I sniffed and smelled the delicious food and realized that this would be a memory that I would never forget. A good memory. Suddenly, I got an idea. I tapped Varian's shoulder. He replied with a 'hm?'

"Do you have your camera with you?" I asked sleepily. Varian nodded. "Can we use it?"

"I mean sure, I have a few more pictures we can take. And I'll try finding a way to get a picture to everyone here. If that's ok with you or course." Varian rambled. I told Varian it was fine and that he didn't have to and he handed me the camera. "Wait, what exactly are you going to do with it?" Varian asked.

"It has a timer, correct?"

"Well, yes. I haven't tested it out yet.

"Then this is the time to test it!" I cheer. "Everyone gather into a group at one end of the table, we're making some memories here." I shout. Everyone stared at each other in confusion at first, but then proceeded to get up.

"Alright everyone, pose as if it were a casual painting. Believe us, you're going to like this." Varian explained to everyone.

"But why exactly? And what even is that thing? Another one of your inventions?" Rapunzel questioned. Varian explained to her about how the camera works and how it can print pictures as long as if it has ink. She understood it, but Eugene as still confused.

"Hey kid, how do we know that this thing isn't going to explode and ruin the dining room?" Cass asked with a skeptical look on her face.

"We've used this multiple times before Cassie, trust me. It works, as it should." Varian answered smugly. I placed the camera on a small table and set up the timer so that it could show all of us in the frame. Kiera, Catalina, Varian and I were squatting down and Rapunzel, Eugene, Lance and Cass were behind us doing...whatever adults do. Sounds like bickering.

Click!

Varian ran back to the camera and the picture came out. He shook the polaroid and showed us. Everyone gathered around the picture and it looked like we were all a family at Thanksgiving, which I didn't mind. For years I didn't know who my family that I was related to by blood was and that I would never be able to find out how it would be like to be with them. But now that doesn't matter to me, since I found my actual family today.

"Alright everyone, back to the table!" Catalina yelled. Everyone followed Catalinas footsteps and yells out 'Charge!' and sat back down in their seats.

𝙏𝙬𝙤 𝙃𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨 𝙇𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙖𝙩 11:23

Rapunzel bought a ride back home for Lance and his kids and for Varian. We started saying our goodbyes. Once Varian was about to get onto the carriage, Eugene bumped Varian with his elbow and muttered something to him. I couldn't make out what they were saying. Varian sighed and walked over to me.

"Can I help you kind sir?" I joke using a fancy accent. Varian chuckled and nodded. He mumbled something under his breath, something along the lines of 'just do it already Varian.'

"Would you...well I don't know. M-maybe want to go to the lanterns together that's in six days?" Varian stuttered. "Just as friends of course, heh."

"Sure, but only if we can join the dance circle at the end and that you won't be curled up all day in your lab doing projects." I ordered.

"It's a deal then (Y/n)." Varian beamed as he walked back to the carriage and left. I waved him goodbye and was starting to walk back to the castle, but was stopped by the one and only, Eugene Fitzherbert.

"Listen Dandelion, when you're going on a date with the alchemist, no physical contact unless you two are holding hands while dancing, is that understood?" Eugene scolded like the over-protective brother he is. Blood rushed up to my cheeks.

"Well, it isn't a date so-" I started.

"So you understand or not?" Eugene crossed his arms.

"Yes G-bug, I understand." I teased.

"Oh so the nickname is back now?! I chat believe this, and you're ok with this Blondie?!" Eugene scolded as he speed walked away.

"Well (Y/n), looks like the first steps of your plan is working already. I wish you good luck on the other steps, and don't listen to Eugene, he kissed me on the first few days we knew each other. And trust me, nothing is going to go wrong." Rapunzel lectured. She ran to catch up with Eugene. You know what? Maybe my plan will work after all.

𝙎𝙤𝙧𝙧𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙣 𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙨. 𝘼𝙣𝙙 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙖 𝙬𝙝𝙤𝙡𝙚𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧. 𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬, 𝙗𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙖𝙘𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙨 𝙣𝙚𝙚𝙙 𝙖 𝙗𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙠 𝙩𝙤𝙤 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚𝙨.