𝗖𝗵𝗼𝗰𝗼𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝘀𝗵𝗮𝗸𝗲𝘀

Warning: swearing, ITS ONLY TWO WORDS THO

𝙏𝙬𝙤 𝙈𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙝𝙨 𝙇𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙧...

   𝚅𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚊𝚗'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅:
I was continuing to work on my speed planter that can help make any plant grow faster when I heard a knock on my door. I swung my head in that direction and yelled out the person inside to enter the lab. It was Eugene. He usually never visits. He either wanted a favor, needed me to explain something to him, or wanted to get an answer out of me.

"Hey Varit-"

"What do you want?" I spin around in my chair, staring at him up and down with a frown on my face as I put my goggles on the top of my head. He acted shocked.

"What?! Me? Want something? Noooo! W-why would you ever think I want something?" I gave Eugene a frown. It's so obvious when he's lying. I raised my eyebrow.

"Fine." Eugene sighed. "I need to ask you something kid. Maybe you will take the question more...lightly if we have it while eating ice cream and drinking shakes. What do ya say? Like we use to." Have I really been that busy ever since the garden adventure with Y/n? Never mind.

"Sure, I guess. This better not be very personal." I could use a break from inventions. Thanks to Rapunzel, I have enough personal days to go on a six month vacation. She also says I should see a therapist, but she doesn't know what she's talking about. So I agreed to go with Eugene.

(Authors note: I got inspiration from this scene from either -thatnerd Scarlett_Schuyler Avery_Spokeens tho idk who. But credits go to one of them because it's hard to remember all of their amazing stories.)

Me and Eugene sat down at the table outside the shop. Eugene got strawberry shake and I got chocolate chip cookie dough shake. Thankfully we were under an umbrella, it was super sunny outside. I wonder what this guy is going to ask me. Probably to plan a surprise for Rapunzel, even though their anniversary was six months ago. But I find it adorable that Eugene and Rapunzel are always doing stuff for each other.

"So. Varian." This was important. He didn't give me any nicknames. Not Varitas, goggles, Royal science nerd. Something was up. It took him a long time to spit out what he was going to say. I waved my hands to tell him to say it, but he had a hard time.
"Just spit it out Eugene!"

"Do you have a thing for my sister?!"

I spat out my chocolate shake. My eyes widened. Liquid was all over the glass but I didn't do anything cause I froze up.

"Well Varian? Do you?" Eugene asked again, while wiping the window with a napkin. After two minutes of staring at the table without looking up, I finally answer.

"Wait what?! No! I'm not dating anybody! What makes you think I am with Y/n! I only like her more than a friend that's all. Wait! I- I meant!" I got cut off.

"Wha..." Eugene looked very confused. But he mostly looked mad. He has very dramatic eyebrows.

"You. Have a crush on my SISTER?!" He yelled. Some bystanders overheard him and just stared at the queens fiancé. I'm so stupid. How could I say that out loud?! I'm probably never going to see Y/n again. She visits my lab at least five times a week. And now I won't be able to see her at all?

"Ok. I'm going to be honest, I expected this. Well, I didn't expect...that." Eugene put his chin on his gloved hands. "You know kid? I always kind of knew you liked her." Was it that obvious?

"That's impossible. There is no way you can tell. I don't like Y/n."

"The entire dinner. You sat right next to her and started blushing."

"Eugene, you're lying. I don't blush, trust me, I never have."

"Until now. You also had your face red after me and Blondie asked if you liked her. Same reaction. If you didn't like her, why did you walk away?"

Why does he keep being right about everything?!

"The other time it was obvious was the day after that. The day you asked my little sister about herself. I saw the dreamy look in your eyes while you stared at her."

I crossed my arms. "You don't know what you're talking about."

"Varian. I do know. You had the same look I had when I fell in love with Rapunzel. I know how it's like. Now I'm going to keep proving you wrong because I'm handsome and awesome."

I really hate Eugene right now.

"They day you two went to the Royal Gardens. I saw you two hid-" I cut Eugene off.

"Whoa, whoa whoa! You spied on us?!" I yelled. How dare he spy on both of us just having a walk in the garden.

"I did not spy on you guys." He took a nail file out of his pocket. "I just stalked." I face-palmed myself. "Anyways, you two were holding hands down the hallways and were smiling wide. You saw Sunshine and ran into a closet. After you got out, you two had blood all rushed up to your faces." Eugene continued. I buried my face in my hands. This was so embarrassing. And I usually don't feel embarrassed. I just want to get out of here.

"In the gardens, I saw you putting a flower behind her ear staring at her and I saw the look in your eyes. Varian. Somethings wrong with you." Like that's a surprise. But Eugene is acting crazy. He's acting like...

"You're in love Varian."

I banged my head on the table, my goggles almost shattering. I cannot believe this. How could I, Varian, be in love with someone?! Especially the Captain of the Guards younger sister?! But this is Eugene. He isn't that bad. But what if he is.

"Varian. I give you permission to ask out my sister." Eugene explained to me everything. "You can date her. But just so you know..." Eugene got out of his chair and cracked his knuckles. I gulped. Eugene grabbed me by my shirt and looked at me dead in the eye. I gulped again. Am I seeing the light? Hi mom! Turns out I wasn't dying, but my heart was pounding in fear.

"You break my little sisters heart, I'll break your fucking arms and neck." Eugene stares at me up and down and then dropped me down to the floor, making me land on my butt.

"Have a good day kid." Eugene then walked away and took the sword from behind his back. He dragged it across the floor as a warning. I held my neck with my hand. Eugene is way too overprotective.

                                                             "Heeey Varian. Lovey's meters are going intense!"

         "Did you just talk about yourself in third person?"

                                                                  "Quiet pretty boy."