𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝘁𝗵

Just a warning, this is a long chapter and there's also very little blood involved.
It's a nose bleed, nothing too bad.

My back slapped the water. I fell in, feeling the ice cold water pricking at my skin. My lungs were burning and my arms were tiring out of trying to swim back up. My body felt like it was flying. My eyes slowly closed, feeling myself sinking to the bottom.
-
-
-
-
-
-

My eyes fluttered open. People were all around me. Rapunzel, Eugene, Lance, Kiera, Catalina, and Varian. What...happened?

I sat up and looked around at my surroundings. We were still at the waterfall. But we weren't on the bridge. My clothes were all soaked and my friends looked like they all saw a ghost. For some reason, Varian's hair was wet.

"What happened?" I broke the silence. Everyone just looked at me in concern. Everyone was talking at the same time.

"Dandelion! Are you ok?!"

"We heard what happened."

"I take responsibility for this. I encouraged her to go, it's my fault."

"Blondie, I had the idea."

"Both of you shut up! How far of a fall was it?"

"About a thirty foot drop."

"Nerd."

"Guys, stop arguing, we could ask if she's ok-"

"You want some ice cream?"

"I cannot believe I let my little sister on a date."

"Excuse me, we're only friends G-Bug."

"What if you're lying?"

"Why-why would I?"

"Everyone just be quiet. You're all freaking out for no reason." I finally said. I was getting so tired of everyone just yelling and whining.

"Ok. What is going on? What happened? Did I pass out and get thrown into a lake? Because I feel soaked." I questioned. Everyone just stared at me.

"Y/n. Do you not remember anything?"

"I don't remember what happened. I only remember standing in-front of the bridge. After all that, everything is a blur. The last thing I remember was that I was going to tell Varian tha-" I paused. Nope, I couldn't say it.

"What were you going to tell me?" Varian tilted his head. This was a bad idea.

"N-nothing. But how about you tell me what happened or else I will take some shells and put them in a sock to wack someone." I stuttered.

"Well...I wasn't sure about how the bridge was. But you said it was fine. The bridge cracked under your feet and you grabbed a bar from the bridge and you started swinging. I tried pulling you up, but it was no use. I didn't let you go, but your hands slipped and you fell into the water. I went in to get you. You're lucky you're alive. And thankfully everyone was passing by the ice cream shop here. So that's how all this happened. You really don't remember?" Varian said with a concerned look on his freckled face.
I was in shock. I don't remember anything that happened. I cannot believe that happened.

"No. I- I don't remember any of that. Well, thank you Varian. Thank you for saving my life." I threw my arms around his neck. I've never realized that he smelled like cinnamon. Behind him, I saw Eugene raising an eyebrow at me. Rapunzel squealed in a frequency that only dogs should hear. My eyes widened and I quickly pulled away.

"Varian! Just so you know Y/n wanted to tell you that if you would-" Eugene started. I went up to Eugene and pushed him into the water.

"Oh shut it Dreamy boy." I muttered. Everyone around me gasped. I didn't know what to do next, so I then ran away in my soaking red dress. I climbed onto Maximus and made him run to the castle. Everything felt like a blur. I got to the castle and ran to my room. I flopped onto my bed, not even going to try to change out of this dress. I knew going to tell Varian my feelings was going to go bad.