You Gave Your Life Away

Why must I walk this road all alone?

Is this how I turn my soul into stone?

You would have done anything to be like him. All you yearned to be was perfection in his eyes, the most amazing piece of work combined in a tiny, insignificant being. You knew Anti could never love you like you wished, but that didn't stop you from trying to convince him otherwise. It was wrong, the way you went about everything. You changed aspects of yourself, cut off family and friends who warned you not to continue with your relationship, but you didn't care. Anti was the only thing that mattered; you wanted him to accept you. But, as you fell deeper into the rabbit hole, you found yourself alone and with nowhere to turn to. No one was there to catch you if you fell except for Anti. He was always there, watching and waiting.

So I listen to the closing door

It's much louder than it was before

Like a version of a foreign shore that calls you home

Being in a relationship with the glitch demon was heart wrenching. Every argument left you crying and hiding away in the safety of your bedroom as Anti left, slamming the front door shut. It shook the whole house, mocking the way your sobs wracked your chest as your lover stormed out. You wanted to leave plenty of times, wanted to go back home and to the way things were before you got so attached to Anti. Regardless, there always remained a small part of you that hoped things would change. Maybe if you dyed your hair and didn't talk too much, maybe Anti could learn to love. It was a dream worth fighting for, and you took him back every single time.

You give your life away

Months passed and you cut off all contact with your family. After Anti convinced you to move in with him, you quit your job and basked in the financial and physical stability Anti had to offer. He gave you everything you asked for as long as you followed his orders. You didn't bother trying to speak up to him, and you no longer cared for what you had become. Anti became your lifeline, your reason to hold on. You weren't going to give him up without a fight.

Vanish without a trace, and

You give your life away

After a while, when you no longer spoke out of turn and lost a few pounds, you were a completely different person. You picked up on Anti's mannerisms, manipulated people to get what you wanted, and you walked the streets at night secretly wishing things would go back to simpler times. You had changed every aspect of yourself for the man you loved. The person you were before Anti had vanished, but it worked. In his own twisted way, Anti had fallen for you. It wasn't peaches and cream, but a lust for you that was never satisfied. Anti wanted you within arm's reach at all times, never out of sight and abstinent from contact with the outside world.

Run with the hunted

You transformed into an ethereal being of darkness and disruption, much like Anti. Together you terrorized innocents and spilled the blood of enemies, unwavering in your violent ways. In the beginning, you were a simple girl who wanted nothing more than to be loved. Receiving kisses that tasted of tears from a devil, the lifestyle you ended up in had you running alongside what you originally were: the weak and hunted.

Thanks for readin <33