Perfect is Boring

The rest of the week flew by fast. It was tiring to be honest, Mari and I are swamped with thesis and research works.

Apart from the photoshoot last Monday, we were both just busy with school the whole week.

That is why I am especially looking forward for tonight! It's Friday, and officially the start of the weekend.

Mitch and Andie will visit, and I'm so happy that our movie night is back.

***

I went straight home after class and started cleaning and preparing for later.

I baked cookies and made sardine pasta for Mari. I want to make his favorite dish because I know he is more stressed than me.

His dad is also calling him from time to time, giving him some business errands to attend to. He deserves this relaxation. Perhaps later I can also give him the massage I was planning to give him since Monday.

It was around six o'clock when he arrived.

I greeted him enthusiastically. "Baby!" I jumped and hugged him, which startled him at first but recovered immediately.

"You look excited." He chuckled. "Missed me that much?" He asked playfully.

"You know I always miss you.." I said with a pout.

He kissed me quickly and walked towards the couch. He sat comfortably and continued whatever he was doing with his phone.

Hmm. No I miss you too?

I shook my head and let it slide. Maybe he is just tired.

I sat beside him on the couch. I moved closer and waited for him to cuddle me. But he didn't. His eyebrows were furrowed as he looks intently on his phone.

I wonder what he's doing.

"Babe, what are you so busy about?" I asked annoyed.

"Hmmm?" He asked back half-heartedly.

I snatched his phone from him. "Hey!" He said startled. "I was using it."

I looked at the phone expecting that he is in the middle of a game, but no. He is researching something in google.

"I was talking to you, but you were not paying attention to me." I said softly. "You seem a little pre-occupied with this, so I took it. I thought you were playing a game." I gave him his phone back. "Sorry.."

I was a little sad and hurt, but I tried to not make a fuss about it. He may be dealing with something else.

He took his cellphone and sighed. "Come here.." He said as he set his phone down the coffee table.

I didn't move. I just looked down and tried to compose myself. I don't know why I'm so sensitive and needy. Probably because I was expecting that he is also excited for tonight?

He pulled me into a hug. "I'm sorry..I'm just a little stressed out. Dad is bugging me about the dinner tomorrow night."

"What dinner?" I asked. "You never mentioned this to me. I thought we are going out tomorrow.." I frowned.