Have A Break

"In conclusion, our findings raise questions concerning the regulation of complex instruments and investor protection in retail finance." I said confidently in front of class.

Finally, my report was over. I took a deep breath and gave the class a huge smile.

I specifically searched the room for the most handsome face, and the most expressive brown eyes that I love so much. He was smiling widely at me when our eyes met. He even mouthed good job, baby.

"That is a very bold and courageous conclusion, Ms. Ellis." Mr. Grande remarked. "Are you prepared to accept either praises or criticisms for this in the future?" He challenged.

"Of course sir." I smiled. "This is precisely why I am here. I aim to establish an investment company that does their best to give high earnings to retail and wholesale clients, without shrouding the risks." I answered with full confidence.

Mr. Grande nodded and smiled with satisfaction. "Very well, Ms. Ellis. Good job."

"Thank you, sir." I smiled feeling fulfilled.

After my report, I returned to my seat beside Mari.

"You did a great job, babe. I'm so proud of you." He whispered and kissed me on the cheek quickly and very discreetly.

I squeezed his thigh under the table. "Thanks. I love you." I whispered back.

After my turn, I relaxed on my seat and listened halfheartedly to the rest of the other thesis presentations. I was just completely relieved that my turn, as well as Mari's were over.

I think I did a good job, but we will know how well we did when our grades are out.

After class, Mari and I decided to have dinner somewhere in Greenbelt. I was craving for ramen, so we agreed to eat in Ippudo.

"I can't believe it's almost Christmas season. It's my absolute favorite time of the year!" I said giddily.

This is the last week of school before the long break begins. I am so looking forward to it.

It is after all, my first Christmas with Mari. I wonder if he made plans? Or are we going to spend it separately?

"Really? Mine too! It's my most favorite season, because we get to spend time with our loved ones. It's also a free pass to give presents. I love giving presents." He said with a smile.

I smiled back at him. He is so generous.

Giving gifts is also one of my languages of love. I feel more fulfilled when the gifts I give makes the recipient happy. I spend extra time on thinking of what gifts to buy, and how it is presented. I take time and enjoy wrapping the gifts as well.

"That reminds me." He said after slurping noodles from his ramen. "Did you pack already? We are going to your parents' house this weekend, remember?" He asked.

My eyes widened. "Oh, yeah! I totally forgot." I shook my head. "Thanks for reminding me."

"Yeah. No problem." He shrugged and gave me a sheepish smile. "I'm excited to see them."

"Me too. I really miss them." I took a sip of soup from my ramen bowl. "I hope Emma is there this weekend."

"She told me she'll be there. Don't worry." He said almost instantly.

I looked at him puzzled. "You talked to her?" I asked.

He looked shocked.

He cleared his throat. "Huh? Did I say I talked to her?" He said, not looking me in the eye.