extra - hair dye

EXTRA ! 
HAIR DYE

from red to...

(takes place after season 3, right before season 4 would start)

𑁍

"ARE YOU INSANE?" Max demanded the moment she stepped through the front door, crossing her arms like a disappointed mom as she stared at her sister's aluminum foil covered hair. "Jackie!"

Jackie barely glanced up from the skating magazine in her lap. "That is my name."

"What the hell are you doing?"

"Trying to decide what new skateboard to get since someone's stupid boyfriend broke my old one."

She could literally feel Max roll her eyes. "He said he was sorry, like, a gazzilion times. And I'm talking about your hair, dipshit."

"Oh, this?" Jackie gestured to her head, smirking when she realized how much everything she was doing was pissing off her sister. She shrugged. "I wanted a change."

"You could've just like, painted your nails or something," Max argued back in response, arms still crossed, staring disapprovingly.

"Stop looking at me like that, weirdo. It's my hair, and I think I could totally rock the blonde."

"Blonde?!" Max repeated, her eyes widening in surprise. "You're going blonde? Like the whole head?! I thought it was just highlights!"

"Oh please," she scoffed in response. "I already have the same amount of brain cells as a blonde, might as well make the full commitment to it."

"Whatever," her younger sister rolled her eyes. "You've been hanging out with Steve too much, that's why your brain cell rate is so low. But if it comes out looking like shit, don't say I didn't tell you so."

"I really do appreciate the confidence boost!" She called out to her retreating figure. The only sort of reply she received was the flick of a middle finger and one last eye roll. Jackie grinned at her just as Max's bedroom door slammed shut. "Ah, lovely."

𑁍

Jackie rinsed the dye from her hair in the bathtub, crouching uncomfortably over the side of it. Frankly, she could've made it easier for herself and just took a shower, but who would she be if she did that? She shifted on the towel she was sitting on, wincing as her knees pushed into the cold tile floor.

She stood up, wrapping her soaking wet hair in a cloth, and Jackie glanced down to see her clothes drenched with water. She rolled her eyes at herself—she literally should've just showered.

After making sure her hair was no longer dripping, she removed the towel from her head, and stared in awe at herself. The shade of blonde she had picked out was the perfect color for her pale complexion, it almost suited her more than her natural color. It made her blue eyes stick out more, as if somehow they'd gotten brighter.

Smirking smugly, she made her way to Max's room, swinging open the door without knocking, as usual, but her jaw dropped once she saw Lucas lying on top of her, the two of them making out. "Excuse you!" Jackie yelled. "Keep it in your pants, mister! I'm too young to be an aunt!"

"My pants are on, Jackie!" Lucas sassed in response, rolling off the bed in a panic, only to freeze mid-step when he caught sight of her new hair. "What the woah?"

"Wow," Max mused, standing up to tug on a strand of her hair. "That actually looks good."

Jackie laughed, "of course it looks good. I can pull everything off."

"Modest," Lucas commented sarcastically, and she shot him an annoyed look.

"Okay, can you leave now?"

"Whatever," she said, rolling her eyes as she started to close the door, but not all the way. "Keep this door at three inches, my poor virgin eyes need to make sure you're not getting any more action than kissing."

"'Virgin eyes,'" she heard Lucas mumble, sounding confused. "As if her and Steve haven't done it like ten times in the back of a car."

Jackie facepalmed herself, pushing the door back open. "I can hear you, and that's actually a great idea, I'll pitch it to him, thanks."

"You're disgusting."

"You said it."

"So you have?" Max asked. "You've done it?!"

"Who wants pizza?" Jackie wondered, hoping to change the subject. It wasn't necessarily a goal of hers to be talking about her sex life with her fourteen year old sister, and her boyfriend. Jackie never realized how weird her friend group was until that moment, and she banged her head on the wall as she waited for an answer

"Jeez, relax. You're gonna put a dent in the wall with that fat head of yours."

"Whatever, I'm getting pizza. And it all for me!" She teased, running out the door as Max started to chase after her.

𑁍

authors note

(rewritten as of 10/12/21)

i know this is really short, but i figured i'd let you guys know what was up with our dearest jackie after season 3. ive been wanting to make her blonde for a while, so i thought i'd write an extra for it.

okay so choose what you want next:

valentine's day

rebellion

the first date

if no one comments i'm stepping on a lego ok bye

also you'll get all i'm just tryna see which one you guys want first