cafe

Setting the umbrella down on her bed, Saeyoon waddled around her room to get clean clothes to change into. Drying off and throwing her wet uniform into the laundry, she fell to her bed and pulled out her phone. But the sight of the umbrella took her attention instead. Sitting up against her pillow, she examined the umbrella, running her finger over the droplets of water which fell onto her fresh clothing. "Why did he even come to my aid when he wasn't going the way I was?" She thought out loud, a knock on the door pulled back her attention and she quickly put the umbrella on the ground, the person coming in. She locked eyes with Daeho who smiled at her. "Was wondering when you'd be home."

"I got cut up in some things." She shrugged, Daeho gave a quick nod, glancing back to the hallway. "I'm heading out to play games, mom won't be home till nine." Daeho informed her, she didn't do anything, watching her brother give a quick wave and left the room. Saeyoon sat there in silence, listening to the front door open and shut. What if I can find that guy...She got up, grabbing a bag and putting a few essentials inside of it before running out the house. The rain had eased to a soft drizzle, so it wasn't terrible. She didn't really know why she was running, there was no point, but maybe it was the adrenaline rush. She made it into town near the school, the cafe door open, she caught her breath before walking in. Taking a seat by the window, she set her bag down, pulling out her phone. Who do I call...she sighed, pondering deeply, before suddenly her thumb landed right on one name. One, specific name.

Junsu.

Saeyoon felt her heart shutter as her hands became shaky. Just seeing the girls name made her heart break. It pained her to know that she would never be able to see Junsu in person ever again. She shouldn't have gone out so late...Saeyoon thought, slowly, she pressed the name, raising the ringing phone to her ear. "Hey!" The girls cheery voice on the other side rang into Saeyoon's ear. "I'm coming home later tonight, tell Daeho I miss him and I'm coming back for him, and I hope you're doing well. I know you're busy right now, so you can't talk, but I'm coming home early anyway, so maybe I shouldn't send this voicemail haha, be a nice surprise, anyway, if you get this, I'm heading into the bar for a bit, gotta make sure Jimin doesn't get into any brawls. Bye, Sae!" And just like that, the voice disappeared and the other phone beeped. A faint memory, of a once living person now gone. All because the wrong person got behind the wheel.

Tears poked at Saeyoon's eyes, her vision fogging, she slowly lowered the phone back down to the table. She couldn't count how many times she'd listen to that voice message. "You okay?" A voice snapped her from her head, she wiped her eyes looking up. "Yeah,
I'm fine." She locked eyes with the boy. The same boy. Wait what? How-

"You're the girl I gave my umbrella to, aren't you." He shoved his hands into his jacket pockets. Saeyoon nodded. "You can have it back, I don't need it..."

The boy shook his head. "Don't worry about it, I don't need that one anyway." They stared at each other for bit, finally Yoongi looked at the seat, motioning to it, Saeyoon nodded, scooting her things off the other seat as he took it. "So, what do you want to drink?" He asked, resting his elbows onto the table. "Uhh...Soju." Saeyoon responded hastily. "Soju? You're in high school, really?" The boy snickered. Saeyoon scoffed. "Do you live with anyone?" The boy asked, Saeyoon nodded. "My mom and brother, Daeho."

"Daeho? Aiiish..." the boy leaned against the window, Saeyoon gave him a nasty glare which he quickly noticed, "he's got every girl in town sucking at his di-"

"Don't even." Saeyoon cut him off, he chuckled. "Every girl wants him, you'd be surprised how many men on the west side wanna kill him."

Saeyoon looked wide-eyed at the boy who shook his head. "Ya know, never mind, if you want anything, order it, I'll put it on my card." He flagged down a waiter who walked over to them, Saeyoon shook her head, waving the waiter away. "I don't need anything, I actually came here for you." Saeyoon looked back at the boy, who now had the wide-eyed stare. "Y-you...what?"

"I wanted to know if you wanted your umbrella back, seems as though you don't want it, so I'll be on my way." She stood up, grabbing her things, the boy watched her leave, walking out onto the street. "Who was that?!" Jungmin suddenly sprang out from behind a flower pot, tackling Saeyoon, she screamed and hit Jungmin. "Goddamn you! Were you stalking me?!" Saeyoon gasped at Jungmin, who shrugged. "I mean I wasn't stalking I was just very intensely watching." He smiled, Saeyoon grabbed her bag she had dropped on the ground up. "Yeah, stalking." She sneered, "so who is it?" Jungmin asked again.

Saeyoon face palmed, realizing she hadn't gotten his name, she turned back to go to the cafe, but he was already gone. "Goddamn me...I don't know who he is, he gave me an umbrella in the rain earlier, I wanted to return it and he's gone." She slumped her posture, Jungmin chuckled. "He saved you from water? You aren't a witch, are you?" Jungmin teased, Saeyoon nudged his arm, walking back towards the direction of her house. "He's quite handsome, probably got-"

"Jungmin, don't, he's a stranger." Saeyoon cut him off, Jungmin snickered next to her, Jungmin began to ramble on about something (which Saeyoon had become accustomed to ignoring) when she suddenly noticed something out of the corner of her eye. Looking at it, she noticed the boy from the cafe slip somebody money, a hella ton of money, and then he slipped away. Saeyoon raised an eyebrow, she pulled off her bag and gave it to Jungmin. "Stay here, don't look through it." Saeyoon implied her bag, not taking her eyes off the way the mystery boy went. She quickly ran after him.

What was he doing? And how did he have so much money? It was questions she was wrangling through her head. Slipping her hood tighter over her head to try to hide her face, she found the boy walking down a sidewalk past groups of people, she immediately went into sneaky mode. She didn't know why she was following this stranger, but she found him strange, and it was her curiosity that was surely bound to kill her someday. Time to time, the boy would turn and Saeyoon would duck behind an object. Watching him casually make his way down the street, she tried her best to camouflage into the crowds, her eyes dead locked on the stranger. He slipped into an alleyway, which raised her suspicions even more. Walking into the alleyway, she noticed how dark it was.

Then, hands grabbed her.