mourning

Picking up a jam, Saeyoon examined the label before setting it back down, grazing her fingers over a few more brands.

Finding the one she wanted, she grabbed it, only another hand grabbed it as well.

"Sorry." She pulled her hand looking away, looking at the person, but a small gasp slipped from her. "Jimin?"

"Oh hey Sae..." Jimin rubbed the back of his neck, taking his hand off the jam. "You can have it, I'll just get the next one." He offered, but Saeyoon only stared at him. The awkward tension between them made it uncomfortable, Jimin shifted his weight on his legs. "You uh...want it?"

"I hate you so much." Saeyoon finally choked out, tears fogging her eyes. "Sae, Chungmin drugged her, what was I supposed to do? He's massive compared to me...you think I wouldn't have protected Junsu? God I tried so hard to! I liked her! I fucking loved her, but she loved someone else, and even though it pained me, I was going to protect her, with my life, and I did." He raised his shirt a little, two bullet wounds scarred into his stomach. "He shot at me three times, missed the third. Junsu was completely clueless, and then drugged. I tried. I did everything I could." He lowered his shirt, Saeyoon still glared daggers at him, but softened on the inside. "You hate me, fine, I hate myself too, but I can't do anything about it now." Jimin's eyes began to water, Saeyoon felt bad, but her glare still didn't change.

"I will always hate that night, and even if you did...try...I won't ever see you the same." Saeyoon's voice was low, lower than her natural voice, it was broken and cold, for her heart was shattered and her mind was dented with loneliness. "Maybe you did try to save her, but you admitted in court to seeing Chungmin approach her multiple times, you should've taken her out of the club, maybe then we wouldn't be standing here in this situation. Sure you loved her, but you sure as hell never acted like it." Saeyoon grabbed the jam off the shelf and shoved it into Jimin's chest who grabbed it as she pulled her hand away.

Walking away from him, tears streaking down her face, she put down the basket of groceries and stormed out of the grocery store. She had told Yoongi she'd make her way back to his apartment, but she didn't want to talk to anybody.

Running to her house only a few blocks away, she bursted through the front door. "Hey honey, you're home early, did you get the groceries I texted you to bring?" Her mothers voice called from the kitchen, only Saeyoon ignored her, running up the stairs and accidentally bumping into Daeho who grabbed her wrist. "Sae where did you go last night?" He asked, but Saeyoon ripped her arm away from him, pushing past him and going into her room, slamming the door, she fell onto the bed, sobbing into her pillow.

The heart-hurting girl didn't know how much time had passed, it could've been hours, possibly days, that she stayed there, laying on her stomach and crying so hard into her pillow that she nearly suffocated herself multiple times.

After eventually getting herself to calm, she kept her head in the pillow, arms wrapped around it in a hug, a hand touched her shoulder, but she didn't look to see who it was. "Saeyoon...what's wrong?" Daeho's sweet angelic voice asked, she turned her head to the side, air finally passing through her nose normally, she stared at her dresser, speechless. "Hey...you know I'm here for you...did somebody hurt you?" Daeho's voice was soft, almost like he was talking to a child. Eventually, Saeyoon's shaky voice managed words.

"J-Junsu..."

Daeho sighed, she could feel his hand begin to shake on her shoulder. "I know...I miss her so much...I miss her so d-damn much..." Daeho whispered, Saeyoon was shocked to hear her brother swear, but she didn't mention it. For her heart still struggled to beat.

"She died so carelessly..." Saeyoon squeezed her pillow. "She died at the hands of a drunk driver, she herself was...drugged..." Daeho's voice hitched, he hit his face in his hands, Saeyoon sat up next to him on the bed, their arms finding each other as they pulled each other into a hug, silently crying together. "We'll see her again someday, okay?" Daeho whispered into Saeyoon's ear, she nodded, sniffling and wiping her wet eyes.

The two didn't really know what to do, other than sit there together, mourning once again, like they had done hundreds of times over the passing of their best friend and girlfriend. A girl, so happy, an innocent, beautiful person, gone in an instant.

Then, Saeyoon's phone buzzed.