voicemail

Yoongi stirred awake hearing the faint voice of somebody else.

"Tell Daeho I miss him."

What?

Sitting up, he noticed Saeyoon's back facing him, her phone to her ear, Yoongi raised an eyebrow confused. "If you get this, I'm heading to the bar."

Suddenly, he heard the soft sniffle of the girl. "Saeyoon?"

She looked back at him, putting her phone down, the voice disappearing, she wiped her eyes and turned to him. "Good morning, Yoongi." She smiled, only Yoongi could see straight through it. "Who was that?" He asked, slightly pointing to her phone laying on a pillow. "Nothing, nobody important." She curled her knees into her chest. "Come on, Saeyoon, who is she? She obviously made you go into your feels."

"Junsu. My best friend...well...was my best friend...she went to Inchon for a few weeks, and she came back to Seoul and she went to help a friend at the bar. She was apparently drugged or something and got into the car with a drunk driver...when they were driving back to my house...because she was my brothers girlfriend...and they wanted to see each other for the longest time, dear god I wanted them to see each other so my brother would shut up about missing her, the driver let go of the wheel and the car spun out and-" her breathing hitched as tears endlessly poured from her eyes. Yoongi quickly scooting across the fort to go next to her, he wrapped his arms around her, wrapping her in his arms as she hid her face in his chest, soft cries vibrating against his shirt.

"I felt my world end when I ran into the hospital waiting room with my brother and saw her...being wheeled away...even her mat covering her body was covered in blood..." she sobbed, Yoongi rubbed Saeyoon's back. "Shhh...it's okay..."

That must've been why she was terrified of the car earlier...

"The last voicemail she sent me...was before she entered the club...it's scarred me of ever going into clubs again."

Yoongi nodded, listening to her list her issues because of her friends death.

"And now...now I feel empty without her...she always lit up bad days..." Saeyoon clutched Yoongi's shirt tightly. The boy ran his fingers through her hair, listening to her small hiccups. "We won't drive anywhere, okay? Just for you." Yoongi whispered. "No...you can drive...I need to get over the fear."

"No." Yoongi cupped Saeyoon's face. "We won't drive unless you absolutely want to, I don't want to scare you, you don't deserve to be scared like that."

Their eyes stared deeply into the others. It was like the world melted away. But Yoongi's confidence only bloomed.

He lightly kissed Saeyoon's forehead, but she didn't retaliate, which sent a wave of relief over him. They pulled each other into a hug, listening to the pounding of his heartbeat, hoping Saeyoon couldn't feel it as well. He silently pieced together a few things about her, while also feeling a sadness linger inside of him. She was so heartbroken by her friends loss that she listened to the last voicemail.

Imagine what her brother must've felt...

Now, while one may think the two continued to sit there, one sobbing while being held, this was more like a fairy tale.

Because it wasn't long until Saeyoon cracked a smile at Yoongi face planting into the ground trying to blow out left over candles.