Chapter 3: Lunch

It was the end of another period. Kokichi felt thankful that this period wasn't shared with Shuichi, and that he could actually focus on the lesson. He didn't share the class with Kiibo, either, but that was alright. He was about to hang out and eat lunch with him.

Kokichi usually ate on the roof, bring his tray up from the cafeteria. Today, however, he had brought a bento from home, so he skipped visiting the cafeteria all together. Both Shuichi and Kiibo were unaware of this.

Shuichi was in line to get food, keeping an eye out for Kokichi as he did so. Kiibo was by the door, also waiting for Kokichi. Kiibo wasn't able to find Kokichi in the room, so he figured that Kokichi was already up on the roof, and headed that way.

Unluckily, Shuichi had seen Kiibo leave, and knew that Kiibo probably was going to wherever Kokichi was. And so, he followed.

Shuichi was quite good at sneaking around, so Kiibo didn't hear or see Shuichi following him. Because of that, Kiibo was unknowingly leading him to Kokichi's favorite place. Kiibo arrived onto the roof, and saw Kokichi drawing in his sketchbook. His bento was next to him, unopened.

Kiibo walked over to Kokichi. "Hi." Kokichi looked up and smiled slightly. "Hi, Kiibo."

Shuichi had arrived, too. He burst through the door, causing Kiibo and Kokichi to turn in his direction. "Hi, Kokichi!" Shuichi called, waving at him. Kokichi felt guilt rush all over him, and waved a little back. Shuichi walked over. "Haha. Kokichi, you forgot to tell me that you don't eat lunch in the cafeteria." Shuichi said, wearing a warm smile. It was fake, of course, and Kokichi knew that. "S-sorry. It really s-slipped my mind...." Kokichi stammered. "Ah, it's ok. Don't despair over it!" He said. He then sat down next to Kokichi, as close as possible. Kiibo took it as a cue to sit down as well, and sat down on the other side of Kokichi and gave him space.

Shuichi noticed that Kokichi had been drawing. "Oh! Are you drawing? Do you have any drawings of Kyoko?" He asked. Kokichi nodded, and flipped through the pages to a Kirigiri drawing. Shuichi stared at it, taking in all the details. He was drooling.

As much as Shuichi creeped him out, Kokichi knew he didn't want to hurt him. Kokichi wouldn't be able to handle hurting another person.

Kokichi closed the book. "S-so she's your f-favorite, right?" He asked, and took a napkin and wiped up a bit of Shuichi's drool. He didn't want it getting all over his sketchbook.

Shuichi felt himself start to blush, as he wasn't expecting Kokichi to do anything like that, but he quickly hide his surprise. "Yeah, she is. You're so talented at art! You should join Danganronpa and be the Ultimate Artist!" Shuichi suggested. Kiibo, who had been observing the two, found himself bored. Shuichi always was asking Kokichi to join Danganronpa with him. Kiibo sighed and brought out his phone. He started scrolling, looking for something to catch his eye.

"W-well... I'm n-not that good of an artist... b-besides, if I were t-to have an Ultimate Talent, I'd want t-to be the Ultimate S-Supreme Leader...." Kokichi stammered. "I'd want to be an Ultimate Detective, just like Kirigiri!" He said. He then remembered lunch, and started eating his. Shuichi leaned a little on Kokichi, making him blush. He gave a confused look and looked over at Kiibo, who felt Kokichi's eyes on him and answered with a shrug.

Kokichi awkwardly gave Shuichi a little pat on the head, since he was unsure of what he was supposed to do. Shuichi gladly accepted it.

Kokichi felt a bit scared to try and get to close to Shuichi, after all, he didn't want to get kidnapped. "Oh no. Is that what's happening? Is he trying to get close to me so he can-"

Kokichi stood up abruptly. "I-I have t-to go to t-the bathroom." He said, and ran off towards the bathroom. When he arrived, he splashed water on his face and tried to calm down. Maybe he was overreacting, but that didn't change the way he felt.

Meanwhile, on the roof, Shuichi was confused. "Things had been going well....." he thought to himself. He decided to take out his frustration on Kiibo. He grabbed Kiibo's shirt and pulled him up, surprised at how heavy he was. Nonetheless, he got into Kiibo's face to attempt to intimidate him. "You scared him off! It was probably all the staring you did." Shuichi shouted. He was wanting a reaction, but Kiibo wasn't one to react. "So this is what irony is...." Kiibo muttered. "What did you say?!" Shuichi growled. "Nothing, nothing." Kiibo replied. Shuichi made a frustrated huff and dropped Kiibo. "Ugh, whatever. I'm gonna go and find him." Shuichi started off towards the bathroom, but Kiibo stopped him.

"Let him urinate in peace. Leave him alone for a bit, alright?" Kiibo didn't want to wait around for an answer, so he took his hand off of Shuichi's shoulder and walked off. Kiibo figured that Kokichi would probably go to the next class after he got out, so he was heading there.

Shuichi stood alone on the roof, flabbergasted that Kiibo would dare to tell him what to do.

Kokichi splashed a bit more water on his face, and sighed. He needed to get his stuff from up there. Hopefully Shuichi had left. Kokichi headed back up to the roof, and felt his heart sink when he saw Shuichi standing up there.

《_________End of Chapter 3 ________》

Words: 948

[Ooo a cliffhanger. Thank you for reading and make sure to vote! This has been really fun to make so far.... and I've been listening to Giratina's theme on loop for days.]