The Beginning // Ch.1

Today is the day that I finally join the Apex Games I say to myself in the mirror as I let out a tiny screech of excitement . I can finally compete and make Papa proud. Rushing to my room, I pack up all my remaining things and head out the door to catch the bus.
I look back at my now old apartment with a smile as I step onto the bus.

I take a seat and pull out a magazine with the pictures of the Apex champions of last weeks game. "Bangalore, Lifeline, And Mirage, today's champions!" Is written in big white letters on the cover. I read into it a little bit, "We are almost there." The bus driver tells me. "Has it already been that long?" I tell myself, I look out the bus window and see the Apex Center (where the legends stay) with amazement.

"We're here." the bus driver says and I get up and off the bus, he helps me with my luggage's, "Merci." I tell the bus driver and make my way inside the Apex Center.

I am greeted by the lady at the reception, "My name is Natalie Paquette" I tell her and give her my recommendation letter and ID, "I have come to compete in the Apex games." I say with a smile as she looks at me with an unsure look "These games are no joke ya hear , this is a blood sport, you could get seriously hurt if you compete." she tells me,

I am aware of the consequences and she signs me in and gives me the key to my room. "Merci." I say to her, An intimidating woman with short curly hair walks towards me, she looks oddly familiar and it clicked, "You're from last weeks champions, Bangalore right?!" "Yep!" she tells me, "Let me help you with those luggage's." she insists, I tell her I can handle it but she helps me away carrying the heaviest one. as we walk up the stairs she tells me all about the apex games, the firing range and the legends themselves.

One legend that stuck out the me the most was the one named Octane, apparently he uses these so called "stims" to make himself go faster and has filter on his side to filter his blood so the bad stuff doesn't get to him from the stims. We made it upstairs where the rooms of the legends are located and she shows me mine, it's right next to Caustic's room.

  "By the way,"she tells me "My real name is Anita Williams here but in the area it's Bangalore, got it?" she tells me "got it!" I tell her and she pats my head, she gives me her phone number and tells me to call her if I need anything and walks away.

I make my way inside my new apartment and take a second to take it all in before unpacking some of my things. I hear a knock on the door and I open it to see a large man in his late 40's with a brown beard and brown crazy hair.

"Bonjour,my name is Natalie Paquette" I tell him with a smile. He stood there in silence for a minute before introducing himself to me "You can call me Caustic", he says in monotone voice and gives me a folded paper, the lady at the desk said you need to fill this out before this evening." "Merci" I say and before I can introduce myself he leaves.

I think to myself how awkward that was and take a look at the folded paper he gave me
The paper is for the nickname I want to be called during the Apex games. I take time to think before finally deciding what I want to be called, "Wattson." I say in my head,"maqnifiq!" and I go to turn in the paper.

I rush down the stairs and see someone rushing up the same flight of stairs before I can get out the way we bump into each other. I look up to see a a man with brown short hair , green googles and a mask with a teeth design on it. I notice that his hat is laying on the side of one of the steps and reach out to pick it up.

//737 words omg// Sorry if this is long