His touch // Ch.2

As I reach out to pick up his hat my hand touches his and we both jolt our hands away, I giggle it off in embarrassment and push the loose strands of hair behind my ear.

"Let me pick it up." I insisted, "No let me amiga." he tells me in a calming voice, I notice that one of the sides of his googles is cracked revealing part of his eye. "Was the impact of us bumping into each other that strong?" I think to myself. "Oh this? I cracked it while I was training in the firing range with Che."

"Did you hurt yourself?" I ask him with curiosity, "Just a scratch here and there but i'm fine, nothing to worry about."

Awkward silence fills the room, I realize this is my chance and swoop up his hat as fast as I could. "Yes I win" I yell giving his hat back
"I didn't know this was a competition little conejita." and we both laugh "My name is Octavio, Octavio Silva but most people know me as Octane." and he extends his arm helping me up "My name is Natalie Paquette." I tell him.

He notices the paper on the floor and picks it up "Wattson, eh?" he jokingly says, "what a cute name for a cute girl"he tells me and hands back my paper, I hide my face in my sleeves "he called me cute!" I feel my face turning red. "Well, catch ya later conejita~"

I notice him walking away, "Wait" I shout and he looks back with such a confused yet gentle look, I build my courage and say "Wanna hangout sometime?!" I tell him, I can tell that he's smiling under that mask of his on
....
"That would be awesome." and waves goodbye

304 words

To be Continued