His Butler, Teaching

"Ho ho ho," Tanaka came bouncing in looking for you. The sun hit almost every corner of the room and you were asleep in the armchair with a book in your lap. He pulled on your sleeve trying to wake you up. "Mmm.." You tried to turn over knocking the book on your toes. Jumping up in fright you lifted your feet in pain. "Shi- oww, oh Tanaka."

"Ho ho ho." You leaned back into the armchair trying to relax your heart from the rude awakening. The sunlight on your face felt nice, you didn't wake up too hot or too cold for once. You did wake up late. Extremely late... A couple of hours late.

"Oh my God Sebastian is going to kill me, isn't he?" You got up and started straightening the little area rambling on and on while Tanaka stood there with his fun-sized self. "I couldn't sleep, and I found this really great book and I must've fallen asleep and no Mey-rin to yell at me to get up ya know, don't exactly have things to wake me up in a library of all places-" you were cut short while fluffing pillows by Sebastian entering the room.

"There you are, where were you this morning?" Not wanting any trouble, you decided lying to be the best option.

"Uh well, you always start me off with the library I thought it best to just, go ahead and start and get a little ahead today."

Stupid.

You looked at the floor hoping he won't catch you in your little lie and nearly had a heart attack seeing the book on the floor when you accidentally dropped it. "With your hair in that state?" He closed his eyes and shook his head, and you took the opportunity to kick the book under the chair masking the sound it made with a cough. He sighed, "It can't be helped. Come here, turn around."

You blinked at him but did what he said anyway. Turning around you noticed Tanaka was still there, he had a pillow in his hand fluffing it. Sebastian's fingers combed through your hair like it was nothing, you could barely do that with an actual comb. Gathering it up into a ponytail he used the ribbon to tie it tightly and proceeded to twist it around, tucking it snuggly into the ribbon. "There, what do you think?"

Tanaka looked up at your hair, "Ho ho ho."

You felt your hair. "Where'd you learn to do hair so well? What institute taught a butler all of this," you turned to the smirking butler.

"No institute necessary, I'm simply, one hell of a butler." Your anxiety was building hoping he'd leave, so you could put the book back. "When you're done, I want you in the kitchen. Understood?" He started walking away but turned back to you, "Oh and Madame Red will be joining the young master this afternoon in about an hour so do hurry. I prefer Grell out of the kitchen," he shut the door on you.

"Ho Ho Ho."

"Yeah yeah, I know Tanaka." You and Tanaka straightened out the rest of the library, well he just watched you mostly and fluffed already fluffed pillows. He took up the book you kicked under the chair and looked up at you. Taking the book from him, you flipped it over in your hands feeling the material, it was an old book. "Do you think anyone will notice that it's missing for a while?"

"Ho Ho Ho," he stared up at you. "I think I'll take that as a no? Let's go I can't lie to save my head all the time he's too smart." Dropping the book on your bed in your room, you made your way to the kitchen.

~

Down in the kitchen, (which hasn't been destroyed all day, new record), Sebastian was teaching you how to properly prepare the little pastry stand. "This is a three-tiered serving stand. You use it for variety and style instead of a normal serving plate. More to enjoy with the tea instead of having just one thing. It is also used to organize the pastries like so, scones on the bottom, they're bigger than the rest of the food and not often touched, gives it balance when you're bringing it and taking it away. Next, you have finger sandwiches in the middle, they are eaten more than scones are and are smaller, but since they are to be eaten in moderation and we do need the young master to eat dinner, you'll put it in the middle. Not too big and not too small. Finally, the smallest tier on top is made for small sweets, try and limit these to about three, no more than five depending on the number of people you're serving, I don't want his teeth to rot. These aren't touched as much as finger sandwiches but this is the young master we're talking about."