His Butler, Quoting

Blinking a couple of times, you realised you were back in your room. Tucked in perfectly and everything was so warm, you turned on your side looking out the window it was a clear night sky, the moon was waning shedding a considerate amount of light to the streets below.

"So you're awake now, how stubborn of you to come running like that." Jumping a little you realised it was none other than Sebastian probably just walking in. You concentrated on how beautiful the sky was, not every night London has such a perfect sky. "Marquis de Sade... interesting choice of literature." You had brought that book with you also and had left it on the desk.

"He was a philosopher who wrote what other people were afraid to, I see nothing so interesting about him."

"When she's abandoned her moral centre and teachings...when she's cast aside her facade of propriety and lady-like demeanour...when I have so corrupted this fragile thing and brought out a writhing, mewling, bucking, wanton whore for my enjoyment and pleasure...enticing from within this feral lioness...growling and scratching and biting...taking everything I dish out to her.....at that moment she is never more beautiful to me," the bed dipped like his velvety voice when he spoke those words, as if they weren't degrading but rather sensual, it sent shivers down your spine. Sebastian put his weight caging you between his arms, "I hardly think that isn't interesting."

Eyes wide in shock you squirmed between his hands, "Well, he did have an interesting way of putting things..." you said in a shaky breath. Sitting up still trapped between Sebastian's arms your eyes never left each other. Panicking internally, your heartbeat increased leaving you hot and flustered. "I've often wondered why he typically referred to the woman as a whore, it ruins the whole feeling of it. Don't you agree?" Swallowing thickly you nodded your head and moved back a little bumping your head on the headboard. He snickered as you rubbed the back of your head which ached more than it should've.

"Do you always end up getting hurt?" he asked as he took the slick ice from a bowl he placed on the nightstand earlier, carefully wrapping it tightly in thin cloths.

"Only when you're around."

~

Madame Red's funeral was in the local church not far from the townhouse. Sitting in the carriage while Sebastian drove, the air was thick with tension. You were trying to comprehend what the young master told you. Madame Red and Grell were Jack the Ripper and Grell used a chainsaw to horribly disfigure the bodies while Madame Red removed their uteruses. Apparently Madame Red had snapped due to the unfortunate fact she couldn't have her own children and Grell was a freak, at least that's the way he put it, no true motive for Grell's actions. After you got knocked out Grell managed to escape. What he said made sense but you couldn't fight the funny feeling that he was lying. "I didn't think you'd crack the case, I'm continuously impressed with you." Giving the young master a small smile you thanked him, you didn't want to be right, you sincerely wished it was someone else that was Jack the Ripper.

~

Taking this chance to talk with Undertaker some kids came by interested in what was going on. After an explanation given by the Undertaker, they ran away scared. "How has your life been in that manor? I heard that this was your first case."

Leaning on the gate that surrounded the church grounds you looked at the dirt. "Honestly... depressing. I know there are people who betray you but Madame Red... unexpected. That poor boy has had it rough, his parents, now the only family member who bothered to love and take time to visit him is gone," you felt your heart wilt and you grew sad. You had a soft spot for children, even those as proud and cruel as the young master. He lost his opportunity to be a child. He just needs someone to love him, not baby him. You felt the need to at least do what you can for him, not out of sympathy, out of instinct, you are a woman after all.

"Don't get too attached now, you do remember what happened the last time you loved a child." Tensing up at his words you brushed aside your feelings growing cold.

"I had a heart then Undertaker, I fend for myself only."

Poking your cheek, his voice turned serious, "The more you think like that the more you'll embrace it. Don't become something you'll regret." Walking off to officially bury Madame Red and Mary Kelly the Undertaker left you to your thoughts.

'Cold-hearted can't be that bad. You won't feel loss, and rarely can anything hurt you.'