His Butler, On Edge

You wanted to stay confined in your room with your thoughts clawing and nagging at your brain. It just wasn't possible, to your knowledge at least. No human weapon or in this case makeshift weapon could fatally harm him. A poker through the chest, come on. Bullets to the head couldn't kill him, why should that? After the young lord sat you down and explained Sebastian wasn't coming back he instructed you to wear your own mourning clothes seeing as you were his... widow... Four years of completely black attire since the armband had been seen as a degradation of etiquette and were to only be worn by men in uniform now.

After going upstairs way after breakfast had been served, you learned that Mr. Phelps was dead and the key to where he stayed was missing, the next logical step was to look for it but Earl Grey hadn't had enough of hearing his own voice. 

"Don't be shocked it was probably you," he threw out rashly with no evidence whatsoever. "Wait now let's not jump-" Doctor Arthur started. 

You grew angry at his statement, "If I was the culprit, I would honestly give it up now and take you down as my last victim, Lord Grey. Don't forget it wouldn't take much, I help prepare and serve the food." You gritted your teeth and balled your fists begging him to continue. 

"Y/n," the young lord said in a warning tone. 

"Death threats now, is that such a good idea? You could've easily went up and killed poor Phelps while you were supposedly changing and changed the time of the clock to make us think it was a while ago," he leaned back in the chair smiling like a moron enjoying his time when three people were dead.

"Without the key the butler had?"

"You are- whoops I mean was his wife. He could've easily given it last night."

The room went quiet. It was possible and that's what had you anxiously twisting your ring, of course it was untrue but who would believe you. 

Doctor Arthur drew up a list of the approximate times each person was murdered and who had the possibility of doing it. "Mr. Siemens died first obviously, around 1 o'clock in the morning, the only one who could've done it was Lord Phantomhive. After that, Mr. Phelps died at precisely 2:38 a.m, Sebastian was the sole person with the key so only he could've killed Mr. Phelps, Lord Grey here brought up a possible but not likely theory, so I'm sorry, Y/n here could've done it also. And Sebastian had to be the last to go at around 3, other than the Earl and myself, anyone could've done it."

"The maid here could've also killed the butler," Lord Grey interjected again.  

"Do you have a vendetta against me?  Why would I kill my own husband, " you hissed. 

He shrugged his shoulders, "To silence him about killing Phelps,  he could've given you the key last night and hid it somewhere. Then you could've double-crossed him."

"Oh, the butler died last? How can you be so sure?" questioned Mr. Lau trying to change the subject.

"It was confirmed."
"Yes it was confirmed by us and Y/n," said Finny raising his hand. "What could he possibly want at that hour?" the young master asked. "He wanted to go over the food preparations for the next three days, and he told Finny to see to the fires in the morning."

Mey-rin piped up, "And he instructed me to release a- a carrier owl?"

"What did the-" started Earl Grey but the young master cut him off, apparently tired of hearing him talk as you all were. "And you, what did he want with you?" he looked up at you. "He instructed me to keep the servants out of trouble and to stay by your side sir." He scoffed, "It's like he somehow predicted his own death, how very perceptive and how very like him."