His Butler, Checkmate

The next day was no different. You stayed quiet and served the prince in Agni's place. Anytime Sebastian came near you shied away and for some strange reason so did Prince Soma, as if he had grown scared of Sebastian overnight. "In one week a curry exhibition will be held at the Crystal Palace. From what I've heard, they say the Queen will be in attendance as well."

"Nothing more than a rumor. Her Majesty rarely makes public appearances since her husband died," the young lord stated. "And in any event, she'll ultimately decide who the winner of the royal warrant is." You unconsciously blocked them out as they spoke, "What do you make of it Y/n?" the young lord snapped you out of your thought. "Daydreaming are we? Don't forget what I warned you about." Nervously smiling you bowed and apologized. "West is using Agni to string up the competition in the curry contest and is most likely using Mina as motivation. I will be entering the contest as well for my own agenda obviously, and Sebastian will create a curry to beat Agni's. Any comments?"

"No my lord."

"Good, write to Nina for me. I need new attire for a royal audience, I'd rather not be in something so uptight for a long period of time," he waved his hand.

"Certainly," you said as you bowed.

~

All of you arrived at the Crystal Palace. There was no bickering, just silence in both carriages. You were to act as Prince Soma's servant in place of Agni for the moment, and you weren't going to take any cheek from him, especially since you couldn't chew him out for the little tea incident. While Mey-rin and the others crowded around Sebastian to wish him well, the Prince decided to take a little detour making you run after him. Stopping abruptly you saw him hugging an Indian woman, who you assumed was Mina. Edging closer you overheard the prince receiving the worst let down you've ever heard.

"How stupid can you be? Do you think I want to be serving a selfish brat all my life?"
'Ouch'

The poor prince was a stuttering mess. "I don't want to spend my whole life trapped by the caste system. I found my way out and I took it." She shook his frail grip off of her shoulders and stalked off, leaving the prince in a state of shock.

"Highness?" he picked up his head and looked at you with tears and anger in his eyes. "What? Don't you know it's rude to listen in on your master's conversation?"

'That's it.'

"Sit down," you spat. Seeing the defiance in his eye did nothing more than anger you even more. Before he could utter a word to you, you told him again, "Sit." Not needing a third time, he sat down.

"Now, you have not, nor have you ever been my master. I have been told to act as your servant until either Agni comes back, you find a replacement, or you learn to live without help. Seeing how spoiled you are I doubt you can last a day without being tended to. Second, do not take your anger out on me when the quarrel is with yourself, this is why she cannot stand to serve you. You are bratty and think the world owes you something, don't be so naive thinking because you're royalty you deserve to be compensated for absolutely nothing. Think of how Mina feels."

He hung his head down in shame, "You're right."

"Now, Mina is not your problem. She's gone. The problem is your butler is out there fighting for you. The least you can do is support him." Tears formed in his eyes but you didn't care, tough love is necessary. "Think of how Agni feels not seeing you there to support him." Standing up he rubbed the tears out of his eyes. "You're right. I have been a brat, if it wasn't for Ciel and that scary butler, and now you... I wouldn't understand the importance of other people's feelings. The next time I see Mina, I will apologize, Agni as well. They have had to put up with me and my inconsideration for a while. I'll do my best to treat people better." The smile on his face quickly faltered, and his eyes widened in fear. "Oh yeah, I'm sorry about knocking that tea set into you."